Views:	38
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	221189

Good insulation from the cold! 

Comment

hehe, and hope the dog doesnt have to go

Comment

great in-situ-in
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

OH MY!!
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

That is some deep snow here is a picture I got off of Facebook. This is a elementary
            school in my old home town in CT.

Here it is when it has no snow in  front. this second picture may be a bit older they might have renovated sice but the height is the same.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Can you imagine? Those are awesome!
              At least he doesn't have a screen door and hope the shovel is in the house!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

We've had a lot of that odd white stuff too... but nothin' like that amount. Someone captured this hungry fox in their garden:

[Pics from Caters News Agency via Daily Mail]
                I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

In the blizzard of 78, that's exactly what it was like when we opened our garage door, right up to the top with a 7-8 foot drift. We got about 2 feet here this time, more in Ct. On the I-95 corridor, as much as 38 inches. We have no power or heat yet, we will be among the last to be back on the grid unfortunately. Temperature inside was low 40's  and 7 degrees outside when we got out from under about 10 blankets this morn, and I'm now writing from a Best Western, hopefully not for too long.
                  Rhode Island

Comment

Glad you are safe and warm Charlie! Take care my friend.
                    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Oh my goodness Butch thats some blowin snow! Hope you did not loose power.
                      Joe.

Comment

Lord Joe if I saw that much snow at one time I would cut my gallusses and just shoot straight up! Found that one from some photos of Nemo. It was 50 degrees and sunny today in NC. Just thinkin about Chris and Charlie and the other folks in the northeast!

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Lord Joe if I saw that much snow at one time I would cut my gallusses and just shoot straight up! Found that one from some photos of Nemo. It was 50 degrees and sunny today in NC. Just thinkin about Chris and Charlie and the other folks in the northeast!
                            I believe Chris actually got much more snow then we did in RI. Our highest total was 27.7 inches in the town of Glocester. 40 inches in Meridan, Ct., which is not where Chris lives, but it was like that all along the I-95 corridor in Ct. Butch, I did not realize your photo was from this blizzard!! Wow. We are home now, power was restored early this morning, much to our surprise.  I guess the utilities in RI did a better job of it in this storm.
                          Rhode Island

Comment

Just saw this thread....haven't been near computer too much in past few days. Great thread Butch....LMAO! We did get a bit of snow here....pretty much paralyzed our area, still digging out with payloaders, schools still cancelled as roads are still inaccessible if they're off the beaten path of the major routes. It's getting better, but slowly. I had 3 feet in my driveway, even with 4 wheel drive I only moved my vehicle about 6 inches before it was stuck again.
                            I slept all day yesterday after having been up for 40 straight at work....they had picked me up because I couldn't get out of my driveway......I was delivered back home yesterday but I think they want me back at work now because my phone keeps ringing!.....hmmmmmm, what to do?
                            Southern Connecticut

Comment

Good to hear from you, Chris. I figured it was exactly what you're describing. Hang in there best you can. Hope things improve soon, very surprised coastal Ct. got that much. Some of RI's south coast was the last to get back on the grid due to dense fog making it unsafe for crews. Spring's coming!
                              Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                              X