Estate sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate sale

Saturday we got up at 5:00 , ate breakfast and took off to an estate sale a couple of towns away from here. We were in the middle of a 6” down pour complete with an ample supply of cloud to ground lightening, but I was anxious to go to this sale for several reasons. I don’t normally do yard and estate sales but this one I couldn’t miss because:
    1. I knew the man whose estate was being sold and he had been a collector of all things including Indian artifacts. We had planned to hunt together one day when I got off work but either his wife was too sick or mine was so it never happened.
    2. Below are 2 photos of the house he lived in. It is on the National Register of Historic Places He would bring artifacts out and show me but never let me in his house. I had to see what that big old Addams Family looking house looked like on the inside.
    We got to the sale at 7:30 a. m. , doors opened at 8:00 and my entry ticket was number 59. Every body in front of me had rolling totes to haul out their treasures. People had come from as far away as New Orleans (350 miles). When they opened up I was going from room to room on both floors looking for Indian stuff to no avail. The lights didn’t work in the house so they had extension cords running everywhere through the huge puddles of water that had leaked into every room. I went back to the lady running the show and asked where I could find the Indian Artifacts and her answer was “I don’t know nuthin’ bout no Indian artifacts, I guess they sold before we took over “. There were all sorts of things that I would have bought years back but I have downsized and am trying to keep it that way. It was nice to think about what that house was like in its heyday but sad to see the state it was in now. I don’t see anyone putting the money in it to fix it up now.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2037.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	723980 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2038.png
Views:	135
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	723979

Interesting story and too bad it didn’t work out for you. But still had to be an interesting adventure.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Looks like a bunch of Helena these days, sadly.
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Interesting Jeb, That's quite the mansion.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

We went to a doctor out by the hospital in West Helena and came back on old highway 49 and rode down Cherry St before crossing the bridge and heading home, it was SAD.

Comment

Working...
          X