19 + 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 + 2

Headed to the big city of Atlanta to complete 2 weeks consisting of 2 hockey games and 19 baskeball games. Bring on Baseball ! :silly:

Butch Wilson wrote:

Headed to the big city of Atlanta to complete 2 weeks consisting of 2 hockey games and 19 baskeball games. Bring on Baseball ! :silly:
       :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer: Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks!!!
    Edit:  Soon as the, "Bring on Baseball!", arrives. :dry:

Comment

Pam, you may not like the peanuts......we eat them boiled down South !

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Pam, you may not like the peanuts......we eat them boiled down South !
          You forget who you're talkin' to, Butch!  Gramma and Granpa grew their own peanuts; and Gramma would boil them in one of the largest boilers I've ever seen in my life!  I can taste em' now. Love em'!
        Ever heard of the Hunnicutt's down there around NC?

Comment

Butch,
             Have a good trip! I assume you are going to the ACC championship.
          Go NC STATE! Go DUKE! (I must root for both even though this is a State household and the middle son is a senior there, but my youngest son is a Duke student. And the baby girl wants to attend Carolina- oh Lawd)
          But GO STATE!

Comment

CliffJ wrote:

Butch,
               Have a good trip! I assume you are going to the ACC championship.
            Go NC STATE! Go DUKE! (I must root for both even though this is a State household and the middle son is a senior there, but my youngest son is a Duke student. And the baby girl wants to attend Carolina- oh Lawd)
            But GO STATE!
            Yep, Cliff. I will be doing the Tournament! I'm with you "Go Pack"! You are gonna have some interesting Thanksgiving dinner discussions at your house. "Check your mascots at the door" :laugh:

Comment

Sounds like a busy time Butch. College basketball has always been my favorite.
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Get to see the tournament and get paid for it to!!!!!! Dont get any better than that. :cheer:

Comment

I hate to change the subject but four years ago I had the privilege of staying at the Washington Duke Inn -and- Golf Club. It was for a conference for my employer at the time. It is right at the end of the Campus so I walked the Campus one day and noticed "Krzyzewskiville" AKA the tent city. Students Camp out waiting for tickets to Basketball games. I must say that was a unique experience just visiting there. What a great campus too.     
                  The architecture in Gothic fashion is quite amazing. Love to see old buildings like that and wonder how in the heck did they do that. If anyone has ever seen the Duke University Chapel down there it is a site to see. I can't imagine how much scaffolding it must have taken to build that.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss that is a cool campus, the story is (unconfirmed) that the University has a supply of the quarry stone used in the construction of the chapel and other buildings.
                    Here's one for you, the only time the Rose Bowl was played outside of California was at Duke in 1942. Moved because of the attack on Pearl Harbour and the threat of a west coast invasion. There are descendants of the Roses presented to Duke from the Rose Bowl still growing at the stadium.

Comment

By the way Butch you have a cool career. It would make most people who are into sports envious.
                      I read that someplace about the stone. That Chapel is not the only building made of it. I was amazed at all of the Gargoyles in the buildings designs. What a cool place to walk through. I was there in January and there were some flowers out but in Spring and Fall that place must be incredible!
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Hoss that is a cool campus, the story is (unconfirmed) that the University has a supply of the quarry stone used in the construction of the chapel and other buildings.
                        Here's one for you, the only time the Rose Bowl was played outside of California was at Duke in 1942. Moved because of the attack on Pearl Harbour and the threat of a west coast invasion. There are descendants of the Roses presented to Duke from the Rose Bowl still growing at the stadium.
                          Now that is cool trivia!
                        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                        X