My other favorite Alabama rock hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My other favorite Alabama rock hunt

Here are some pics of my other favorite rocks. Yep Alabama has gold in them creeks too. The third pic is the little one we adopted (or she adopted us I should say) and the gold we found that Saturday. You won't get rich here but the gold is some of the purist in the country. 22-23 kt. right out of the creek. The wealth is in the time spent outside sharing a fun day in the mud. I would much rather see her splashing around in the creek and running Dad's wash plant than watching TV.

Theres gold in them thar hills...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

That is awesome Junkman
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Good Score!
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

That would be neat, thanks for show
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I love it !!!!! I actually bought myself a few pans , and read 2 books on this . Lumkin county in Georgia was the gold rush before the west . I am actually bringing them with me next trip because I left most of my clothes this last trip .
            What a great day out for the kids !

Comment

• junkman1031
              junkman1031 commented
              Editing a comment
              Be careful my friend once the gold bug bites you will be addicted for life. Georgia has some great spots to mine if you can get permission. Find a local chapter of a mining club and go to some outings before you buy much equipment. GPAA may have a local chapter there. That's where I got started. GPAA has monthly meets at the Alabama Gold Camp here for 5.00 a day. They meet in the morning split into groups around members who own equipment and split the gold at the end of the meet. That way you can use different stuff to see what you like best. I found the God Hog was the best highbanker but they cost is around 1400.00 without a pump for the one I liked. I drew up some plans and made my own for 300.00 the one pictured and found a pump on ebay for 250.00. I have a friend in Georgia who is sneaking into a place he doesn't have permission to be in. He can only use hand tools as he has to hike them in. Last month he found a nugget that weighed an ounce. I would love to go with him if he would get permission but otherwise I am out lol. Here is a directory that has clubs by state http://www.goldrushnuggets.com/goprclstdi.html Good luck!

At least she doesn't have her face stuck in a smartphone or video game! Congrats. An oz. of gold is nothing to sneeze at. Keep panning!
            Child of the tides

Comment

• junkman1031
              junkman1031 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the comment to my post. My wife and I decided no smart phone yet and video game is ok until she messes up then its the first thing do go and the last thing she gets back. An ounce of gold would have been great but we were just as happy with the 1.7 grams we found that weekend. Alabama gold is hard to find and even harder to pan as most of it is so tiny of flakes it's called flour gold. We have been maybe 20 times and have maybe 1/4 ounce. We have a million dollars worth of memories though and she gets spoiled rotten while we are out. Mom's healthy diet be damned we got snacks, sodas, candy, and cookies all you can eat lol. Play in the mud or swim in the creek it's just another day at gold camp.

Well done Jman......she is the most precious thing you took home this weekend
            If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

• junkman1031
              junkman1031 commented
              Editing a comment
              I sit and watch her washing dirt, singing, so content with life and think about how hard her life was before she met us. Thinking about her wetting the bed or should I say a urine stained mattress in the middle of the kitchen floor surrounded by garbage, rats, and bugs. Afraid to get up and go to the bathroom in the dark. Having only a tiny window into the misery she had been through. Now I watch a baby who is so content, happy and feeling so safe. I just can't put into words the joy it brings me. I am 65 and had no thoughts of taking on another child. I raised 2 of my children by myself. My son was 10 when I got custody and my daughter was 2. I raised them both to a successful conclusion as neither is in jail, on drugs, and both are self sufficient. In todays world I call that a success. My daughter is 28 and my son 30. She is studying to be a school teacher and he is finishing law school. Having another child was the last thing I expected. After meeting her and hearing her story I talked with my wife and we agreed we had to do something. Tammy our daughter was 7 at the time and in foster care. At 8 if they are not returned to the parents or adopted they send them to a group home, which is a nice way of saying orphanage. I thought at the time this was a necessary sacrifice to step in and save this child. Now I realize what a blessing it really was.

• LucasBMylks
              LucasBMylks commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful mate, just beautiful. I welled up just reading that but by the end you have given me a huge smile....warms the heart. I believe Granparents make the best parents so ya spot on at 65 to give her all the love, time and patience thats gonna make all the difference for her. Like you i cant put it into words properly but it sounds like you are doing everything just Great. Good luck in all you do (Together). All my Love to you all

That’s awesome!

i literally just sat down after returning from a long road trip to Opalika, Alabama. That part of the state from about Birmingham south is beautiful...reminds me a lot of the ozarks. What part of Alabama is you be in?
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• junkman1031
              junkman1031 commented
              Editing a comment
              i am in Oneonta. My business is just south of Huntsville. The gold mining is down below Talladega. I am all over the state lol.

Congrats on your find of fine gold. I'm very happy that the child has a better future and I admire you so much that you were able to do that for her. Instilling in her a love of the outdoor life is a real good thing. Good luck in all your rock hunting.

Comment

• junkman1031
              junkman1031 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you sailorjoe. I may be raising a bit of a tomboy. She loves looking at my artifacts so I think she will love getting out and hunting them. She loves gold mining. If I could post a video here without having to post it on youtube first I would show her first trip with me to the rifle range. She shot my AR15 like she was a pro shooter. Not a bad shot at the 100 yard range.

Thanks for the info. I’m always fascinated by where gold is found, and sometimes where it is NOT found.

even though it has never been found here in Arkansas, as far as I’ve found, North Little Rock used to be called Argenta, because of the silver found there, and there have been lead and zinc mines, natural copper in a spot or two, and of course diamonds....but no gold.😝
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
            X