For my future adventures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my future adventures!

My husband and my grandson went to the Army surplus store to browse around. Guess they decided that when I'm out and about searching for artifacts...it would be a good idea to have this walking staff. Features a compass, knife, and saw for navigation and survival. :laugh: I love it, I just love it. :lol: I'm like, what in the world did ya get now? Nice to know they want me to survive!
    Have a nice day, all!
    Pam

Nice stick Pam. It is a little fancy for me tho. I use a beaver stick I picked up many years ago. Ray
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Nice cane...........is that a mammoth effigy in that jar on the table ?

Comment

nice

Comment

It is the most thoughtful gift I have ever received from my husband!  Got a feelin Connor talked him into it.  It is fancy, and doubt I will ever use the knife, saw, or compass.   I usually pick up a branch when it's necessary...for whatever.  I'm sure Connor will put the hiking staff to good use though.  I'll have to personalize it somehow!
          Butch, you're very perceptive.  You noticed the jar of flint on top of the wastebasket! I thought the word, "effigy", was, "taboo", on this website.  Better watch your step! :laugh:  We're planning a river hike tomorrow after school.  We'll give the walking staff a workout.  I really do like it!

Comment

Pretty fancy flippin stick! And love the Mammoth effigy! TEE-HEE! :lol:

Comment

turkeytail wrote:

Pretty fancy flippin stick! And love the Mammoth effigy! TEE-HEE! :lol:
                About this effigy.  I don't even know the meaning of the word! :huh:

Comment

:evil:

Comment

Pam, you should really have a good everyday stick. I never go without mine.
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I agree but I prefer a wood one, metal can draw lightning. You never no what could happen out there. I hunt a couple sites where there are eastern Coyote they run a bit bigger than the westerns. It is nice to have something to whack an animal across the back if it comes near you.
                    I had a Raccoon come right up to me once in a field broad daylight. He got the stick across his back and ran off. It was obviously sick and not moving well until he felt the stick! I called animal control to report an a nocturnal animal walking around delusional in broad daylight and they said " Was it private property sir?" I said yup they said we can't come! This was about 10 years ago and there was a rabies alert here. If your going into the fields even right down the street be prepared for anything I always say. That knife and compass may come in handy some time Pam. Sometimes when I find something great I will stick my walking stick in the ground at the site I found it and walk in circles expanding out away from the find. I usually connect with more stuff within a few feet! You can also go and walk from a tree or a rock at the edge of the fields to your stick using the compass so next year after the field is flipped again you can find the same spot to give it a once over really good. Just mar the direction and pace it off!
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Very nice Pam!!

Comment

Working...
                      X