A funny story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A funny story...

This has to do with arrowhead hunting albeit indirectly. I was recently told a story by a good friend who is a collector of arrowheads/artifacts but not really a hunter. Earlier in the summer his daughter went out to the east to stay with a friend. They went hiking one day along an ancient trail somewhere in the Carolinas. They were in the backcountry and there was no cell service. They had hiked well off the path and into the woods following a creek. A thunderstorm erupts. They take shelter in a cave up the hill from the creek bottom. His daughter has her friend take some video of her in the cave sitting on a rock while she sends a hello to Dad intending to send it out several hours later when they had cell service. My friend watches the video and just what does he see ? An arrowhead on the cave floor right next to her and a really nice one at that. Neither one of the two ever saw it and the rains were so heavy over the next couple of days that the area was closed to hiking. Also the video was taken on some media site that only keeps it active for so long then it disappears. Now would that drive ya nuts or what? Just wanted to share that one with you folks...I got a laugh out of it...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Great story!
    Northern Ky

Comment

Hey Frank -- You can just.............almost .....................touch it. Darnit. Now can they remember how to get back there? Thanks for sharing Frank
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Yes , good story

Comment

I love this story! Lol!!
          Child of the tides

Comment

That would make me sad lol! I’ve taken in situs then found myself looking in the insitus the next day for Anthony I may have missed lol.. someday I know I’ll see one I missed
            Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

Working...
            X