Lunar eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar eclipse

Don’t forget about this event tonight . Goggle your area and it with give you the best showing .

as much as i would like to view it,its awfully cold here right now
    not sure if its worth standing outside in sub zero temps tonight to see it

Comment

Wow thanks for reminder Tam...after I watch the Patriot's. Beat the Chiefs .. I'm gonna check it out
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        With all due respect sir, go Chiefs!

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait...what? Chiefs lost? Darn. Go Rams.

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Again!!!Tom Brady NewEngland rules!!awesome game

I will see if I can bribe my mom with a few arrowheads she likes, but I am selling. It will be almost -2 tonight, but with warmers, double layers, and a fire, it shouldn't be too bad.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        Ky your young you can handle anything . And also that great attitude you have will always make you tackle anything thrown at you .

I am lucky . It’s 80 deg sun burn weather and it comes out early over here . I was walking to a little store yesterday and there were so many flowers blooming . I thought about my AH family and knew Tom was warm .
      But let’s remeber I’m six months I am going to hear it’s to hot
      to go look for points .

Comment

Operation don't freeze to death is a go. I will be out there tonight. Wish me luck!

Comment

It's starting here pretty good now ... another 40 minutes ...totality.. it's 8 degrees here but I'm gonna see it
          SW Connecticut

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            I am going out now... -10 wind chill. I hate winter.

That was beautiful...the only Super Blood Wolf Moon of the 21st century .wow....KP I hope you got good pics. ...that thing was red .. wow
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Super large & fine over D.C. - one of the best I've seen.
            If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Ok we are all depending on Ethan for some awesome pics . I took terrible ones for back up in case he frooze .
              whoa wow one of the best eclispe of my life sun or moon . Went to a blood orange blackish ash to a full bright moon again .
              Really amazing may some artist be inspired .
              Come on Kentucky the site needs you

Comment

• redrocks
                redrocks commented
                Editing a comment
                Ya I tried pics wit my phone ..I mean I know what they are.but theyre phone pics ..so let's hope KP is a fervent shutterbug. Like he is about artifacts..haha right?

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                I got pics, though they are not the best, they will do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0590.jpg1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	345174 Click image for larger version

Name:	blood.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	345175

I got these so-so pics last night. It was -5, and breezy. Everything that could go wrong with my camera, did go wrong. A fully charged battery went to dead within 10 minutes, missing totality. The focusing mechanism went haywire, and the aperture was almost non-existent. I wish I got better pics, but due to the fact that I have missed over four lunar eclipses due to clouds, I will take it.

It was so cold out there, the linings in my nose froze. I heard popping sounds too. It was twigs that exploded due to the cold. Our local reporter threw a glass of cold water into the air, and it turned to snow before it hit the ground. It was chilly...

Watching this solar event made me realize why the Native Americans, and other cultures got scared to death when they saw this occurring. It was creepy, eerie, and really cool at the same time. Just breath taking...

btw, I got a new set of abo tools last night. My dad got a spike buck. Today is the last day of deer season, and we really need meat in the freezer.

Comment

• redrocks
                redrocks commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet pic KP...that was nose sticking cold....I'm proud of ya . Ya done good

Feel like temps were -15. wind chill at -15...it was so cold.

Comment

• redrocks
                redrocks commented
                Editing a comment
                It's 4 degrees here now in CT. Bad

It was too cold hovering around a bitter 46 degrees and the Old Man/Brunhilda were tired and went to bed early lolol thanks for the pics!
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                I envy your weather.

• tomclark
                tomclark commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't LOL. Little to No change of seasons. No mountains. Too much saltwater and sand. We have to WORRY about freezing.....
                Summer is not as hot as many people think it's just way humid. Rarely goes over 91 (in the shade)

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                I have been in Alabama, Georgia, South and North Carolina, and I love the little to no change of seasons. I can't stand the cold.

Love those pics Ethan and thank you for those . That red was the best then the ash black whoa . Glad you got to see it .
              I was thinking your camera would freeze .
              Yep get those spike bucks and get rid of that gene pool . We see old bucks with spikes it’s weied . Then the minerals on our property turn up the beauties . I saw one with an antler coming out of the middle of his head . Huhhhh

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                My camera did freeze up...battery went dead, all mechanisms stopped functioning properly... But I got the pics!

As for the spike, I am using his tines for flakers, and am going to attempt to get some sinew.

O

Comment

Working...
              X