• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Fires

Pray for rain no end in sight .https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/accessible-view/

Wish I could send you some thunderstorms right now
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Seems like the entire West is burning this summer. We’re a month away from peak hurricane season & each swirl coming off the African coast makes me wary. Wish the East could pipe you some water.
      Child of the tides

Comment

Scary. I sure hope it rains for all of you on the west coast.
        South Carolina

Comment

Wish there was a way to change this.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

It’s been raining every week for months I think we went one week with no rain recently. Today it’s been raining for 5 hours already.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Thanks Dennis. I agree. Pray for rain
              South Dakota

Comment

Been having orange sunsets and red moons in SE IA. Think it's your smoke. Hope you get some soakers.
                SE IA

Comment

seems like every year here lately fires in late summer ,.wife snapped this pic of the sun yesterday in Utah
                  2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P8162208.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	577138 We had clear sky last night but smoke blowing in today and a new fire grew thousands of acres overnight Caldor fire burning more homes .

Comment

And we had flooding
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

53,000 acres plus this morning 0 containment resources are limited because of the number of fires burning in N. California .

Comment

No power for 48 hours. Air choking. Nearest blaze approx 6 miles north east. Ugh.
                        California

Comment

• south fork
                          south fork commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Power has been off and on 3 times in the last week . Same here choking smoke and light ash falling not sure what direction the Caldor is headed today not much of a breeze yet .

• Tam
                          Tam commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It’s tough out in the west .

Caldor fire is at 73,415 Acres non stop on the ash its on everything no containment yet . The whole mountain town of Grizzly Flats burned to the ground .

Comment

It's now 82,444 Acres Hwy 50 is closed Sly park to lake Tahoe and a wind shift today I hope they can the fire from keep jumping highway 50 . Parts of the flume that supplies water for a major portion of El Dorado county is wooden and right in the path of this fire . Water from the South Fork of the American River is diverted into a series of flumes / pipes / ditches and tunnels into lakes and reservoirs that are already low because of drought . A lot of homes lost and thousands are under warnings the breeze is picking up it clears the air but feeds the fire !

Comment

• south fork
                            south fork commented
                            Editing a comment
                            106562 Acres today and choking smoke sad to watch a good part of my old hunting grounds . And hundreds of homes burned to the ground and still out of control .

• south fork
                            south fork commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Winds up and the fire is out of control 156515 acres and growing
                        Working...
                        X