Artifacts in a Gator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifacts in a Gator

Mississippi alligator caught and his stomach contents had these artifacts . Now you usually hear about dog tags but this was different ,
    Not the way I want to find my points for sure . I think a bird picked these up then the gator ate the bird is my theory .
    I would have downloaded the link but there was so many ads on it . You can just look it up if interested but this is pretty much the main point .
    We know what a plummet is .
    Last edited by Tam; 09-11-2021, 01:27 AM.

I thought you did post a link..I read it..maybe I’m seein things.🙂
    🤔 Hmmm, let me think on this for a minute.......Six thousand years ago a 🐊 ate an Indian who had these items on his being. Then a hundred or so years later another 🐊 ate the first 🐊and so on and so forth until the🐊 chain was broken..makes sense to me, course it’s 3:00 in the morning and this kind of thinkin is par for the course..G’night😴
    Last edited by Hal Gorges; 09-11-2021, 02:14 AM.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Good one Tam!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Makes you wonder for sure! I remember hearing stories from the old timers down in Florida when I was a kid. One ole boy used to hunt alligator snappers back in the 50s said they once found Civil War musket balls embedded in the shell of one turtles they caught. Just a tall tale?
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Civil was ended 1861.snappers can live to 100= one born in 1861 would barley be alive in 1961 and was a baby in 1861 ( which by the way a civil war bullet would’ve smashed a tiny turtle ) ..However springfields were in use way after the war, especially in rural Florida ..personally I would think a 50 caliber would smash the shell..I’m gonna say tall tale, what do you think Florida boy 😊

• Uncle Trav
          Uncle Trav commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL your probably right Hal. I always loved hearing those stories from some true Florida Crackers. Those snappers are giant though some weighing in at over 200 lbs!
      Working...
      X