A Unique View of Three States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Unique View of Three States

To the best of my knowledge, this photo shows the only place in the United States where 3 states share an ocean boundary, the Atlantic in this case. In the foreground is Napatree Point, RI, the westernmost point in the state of RI. On the left side horizon is Fisher's Island, NY, which lies NE of Long Island. On the right side horizon lies the Groton area of Ct. Somewhere west of that horizon, Chris Gode is walking his Long Island Sound beach

Napatree Pt, my favorite area unspoiled Atlantic beach...

Rhode Island

Cool pic Charlie, next time I'm out on the beach I'll wave a red flag and maybe you can see me! :laugh: Spent many a summer weekend out past Long Island fishing for the big fishies in blue water.
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Thanks for those pics ! makes me miss home lol. GREAT veiw! :woohoo:
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

cgode wrote:

Cool pic Charlie, next time I'm out on the beach I'll wave a red flag and maybe you can see me! :laugh: Spent many a summer weekend out past Long Island fishing for the big fishies in blue water.
          Next time I'm at Napatree, if I hear a faint scream from distant Long Island Sound, I'll just figure Chris must have finally found the "big one" :lol:
        Rhode Island

Comment

[QUOTE]CMD wrote:

Originally posted by cgode post=61288
            Next time I'm at Napatree, if I hear a faint scream from distant Long Island Sound, I'll just figure Chris must have finally found the "big one" :lol:
            Right after that faint scream Charlie your phone will ring!! :laugh:
          Southern Connecticut

Comment

G10 wrote:

Thanks for those pics ! makes me miss home lol. GREAT veiw! :woohoo:
              Thanks, were you from New England? It is a nice view. You don't see it until you get to the top of the dunes, and then it just appears as in the 2nd photo.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Fantastic pics Charlie! Some day I will get out there. One of my dreams is to sail in a Tall Ship.
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Fantastic pics Charlie! Some day I will get out there. One of my dreams is to sail in a Tall Ship.
                  Thanks, Ray. We had a Tall Ship gathering in Narragansett Bay this summer. Never sailed on one though.
                Rhode Island

Comment

I would prob be out there with a metal detector if I did not get run off.....
                  Detect while you look for points now that is my kinda fun.
                  Bone2stone
                  It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                  It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                  Circa:1982

Comment

Cool!
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

post card perfect!

Comment

Dandielyonwine wrote:

post card perfect!
                          Thanks, Sandy. One of my favorite spots for sun, sand, and surf :cheer:
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Between Fishers Is and little Gull Island off of Groton is a place called The Race. It is where the Atlantic Meets Long Island Sound.   On the Atlantic side the water is 300 feet deep and it goes up to 60 feet The rip tides in there are fierce we used to drift fish in there for Stripped Bass and Blue fish on occasion we would get Bonita.
                          What an awesome fishery. We saw an Ocean Sunfish there one summer.  Miss those days for sure.
                          Have not gone out there for ten years or so.
                          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Between Fishers Is and little Gull Island off of Groton is a place called The Race. It is where the Atlantic Meets Long Island Sound.   On the Atlantic side the water is 300 feet deep and it goes up to 60 feet The rip tides in there are fierce we used to drift fish in there for Stripped Bass and Blue fish on occasion we would get Bonita.
                            What an awesome fishery. We saw an Ocean Sunfish there one summer.  Miss those days for sure.
                            Have not gone out there for ten years or so.
                              Thanks for those memories, Hoss. Nice picture you paint! I know when I look north of Fisher's Is. from Napatree with good binoculars(16x32) I can see a nice lighthouse that looks like it's just sitting on a large rock. Never tire of the vista, but I've never been on the water there.
                            Rhode Island

Comment

Used to see a lot of submarines out there too. We tried to go close to one once with our boat and the tenders came right up on us with guns trained right on us. We had to back way off. For anyone who has never seen a Trident Sub up close in person they are huge! The wake from those things is incredible.
                              Ahh I have a lot of great memories of fishing out there.
                              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                              X