X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spot Time Forgot

:dry:

Image not found

theres points in them there woods !!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:
    kid in a candy shop :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Like that find! Good luck!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Looks like a good dig site. Get permission fist if your going to dig. I would try to sift some of the cast out dirt too. Lots of folks didn't screen and missed a lot. It makes for very easy digging. No roots and larger rocks are already out of the soil. The key is getting permission first. don't get in trouble out there be safe! Good Luck
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

We have a Park right on the edge of town and there are several rock shelters or overhangs 1 with a couple 5 gal buckets right in front of it. Made for a good pic maybe its on mem. card if so will post later.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

LOL G10, I laughed so hard at that reply.  :lol:
              Thanks Hoss, I'm not much of a digger. If I were to dig though thats where I would want to do it, no doubt! The thing about this land.. there is NO WAY I could get permission. Its owned by a business that is a borderline corporation. That said, this place is on a parcel of land that has a nice walking trail. This spot is WAY off of that beaten path. The trail has only been there a few years and I found an article about it that says "The public is invited to come out and utilize the area."
            Now technically, "utilize" could probably be interpreted a number of ways.. I'm sure as hell not trespassing but I don't think they would like me out there digging either. However, I do wonder.. if I went out there with a gas powered leaf blower and the reasoning that "I like walking these trails, I come here often, I cant see all the snakes for the leaves so decided I would try to help clean it up some."
            Isn't that utilizing the area? Could they even say anything? I swear, I think a rake would come in more handy than a shovel out there..

Comment

I bet, that u could get permission.... in that case all you would need is an over seeier of the land ( upper management, CEO, ext )... tell them that U want to fill in all the holes and while doing it you will look for artifacts !! I am jumping up and down for you !!! hope something works out !!! keep us posted ,,, good luck
              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

JoshinMO wrote:

We have a Park right on the edge of town and there are several rock shelters or overhangs 1 with a couple 5 gal buckets right in front of it. Made for a good pic maybe its on mem. card if so will post later.
                  They might be breaking the law. Surface hunting and digging are usually illegal in municipal and state parks.
                Rhode Island

Comment

Geonoob wrote:

LOL G10, I laughed so hard at that reply.  :lol:
                    Thanks Hoss, I'm not much of a digger. If I were to dig though thats where I would want to do it, no doubt! The thing about this land.. there is NO WAY I could get permission. Its owned by a business that is a borderline corporation. That said, this place is on a parcel of land that has a nice walking trail. This spot is WAY off of that beaten path. The trail has only been there a few years and I found an article about it that says "The public is invited to come out and utilize the area."
                  Now technically, "utilize" could probably be interpreted a number of ways.. I'm sure as hell not trespassing but I don't think they would like me out there digging either. However, I do wonder.. if I went out there with a gas powered leaf blower and the reasoning that "I like walking these trails, I come here often, I cant see all the snakes for the leaves so decided I would try to help clean it up som
                  Isn't that utilizing the area? Could they even say anything? I swear, I think a rake would come in more handy than a shovel out there..
                  Just be sure none are burial mounds. If they are, and you dig, you might end up as a story on the 6 o'clock news :unsure:
                  Rhode Island

Comment

G10 wrote:

I bet, that u could get permission.... in that case all you would need is an over seeier of the land ( upper management, CEO, ext )... tell them that U want to fill in all the holes and while doing it you will look for artifacts !! I am jumping up and down for you !!! hope something works out !!! keep us posted ,,, good luck
                      lol, Thanks Ev I guess your right, it couldn't hurt to try. Maybe if I can figure out the right person to talk to I can persuade em but idk.. I live in a funny place as far as artifacts go. Theyre EVERYWHERE. If your ever in a residential neighborhood or business district around here and for some reason there is an unincorporated stretch of woods there seems to ALWAYS be 1 of 2 things. Mounds or sinkholes, thats what it is.. damn near never fails. I just know this spots owners "business" all to well. They know what they bought.. and whether or not they would even acknowledge this place as an old village (thats what i think it was) they wouldn't want me finding anything because if I did start finding legit artifacts in there it would need to be re-designated and they would lose the land.
                    I think its sad.. I read something not long ago about this kind of situation. Being a person who is actually into hunting artifacts to find out about the history and share them with people who appreciate them puts me in a conundrum. These people will wind up clear cutting and leveling this area... They will destroy what is still there. Permission or not I SHOULD go in there and grab what I can but is it worth risking my "freedom"? Also, if I go asking permission they will know I like hanging out in there and I really dont want to draw attention to that..  :dry:

CMD wrote:

Just be sure none are burial mounds. If they are, and you dig, you might end up as a story on the 6 o'clock news :unsure:
                      The only way I can be sure of that is to find remains, which I have not so far. I really think it was a village, the sheer amount of debitage is ridiculous. Its everywhere... move a leaf, find a flake, I'm not kidding. IF I did come across human remains, which is doubtful cuz I'm not gonna dig there without permission, it would be a surface find.. and I would report it IMMEDIATELY. I'm into this for the history, if that land should be designated as a legitimate Native American site and I can prove it you can bet your ass I will try to make that happen. I dont care how many artifacts I could score in there without anyone noticing.. the history of the site and spreading the knowledge thereof are whats important to me.
                      Edit: I forgot to mention, I went back today I found even crazier stuff. About a quarter of a mile from all the dig sites there is an ancient trench system. I would have had pics but forgot to charge my damn battery, lol.... From what I can tell, they were using it to steer game into a lowland. They have 3 trenches mounded up on the sides that lead to a center and then a main one that leads to a low lying area which I'm sure holds water in the spring.
                    Not only that.. theres a 6' high, 8' wide 150 yard mound in the middle of the woods. I had saw part of it but didn't follow it until today. WTF? Is it a fortification mound? From my understanding burial mound aren't that high unless its a mass grave??? Idk much about fortification mounds so any who knows please fill me in.

Comment

Working...
                    X