James Webb Telescope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Webb Telescope

It will be enjoyable seeing the universe with our new set of eyes…

Thanks to the telescope's deep and sharp infrared images, Earthlings are getting a more detailed look at distant galaxies than was ever possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8085BFF8-1D72-4167-8C4A-EC2CC6C1A9EA.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	645610

Rhode Island

Is that not mind blowing?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure is!

Wow,..
    Floridaboy.

Comment

I have been waiting literally years for Webb to finally be up and running. Appears the wait was worth it. Absolutely amazing!!
      Can’t wait to see more.
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

You can see gravitational lensing in the one picture. Hard to grasp what we are actually seeing. Amazing pics already.
        Central Ohio

Comment

Eye has not seen. Ear has not heard, neither has it entered into the imagination of mankind; the things that God has created.

Comment

It's truly amazing. Hundreds of billions of galaxies each containing up to a 100 Billion stars, some relatively high percentage of those containing planets.

Many decades ago Carl Sagan said a shocking statement that there were likely hundreds of planets out there. And it was a bold statement because we just didn't know. Today that's like saying there likely hundreds of grains of sand on the beaches of Florida.
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Garguy
              Garguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Gives me shivers. I love it.

I’ve said it before. There’s no better show than the night sky and it’s free! I’ll be heading to Mammoth Cave NP in mid August. We timed the visit with the yearly Perseid meteor shower. get out and enjoy the big show.
            Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Here are side by side comparison images of Hubble telescope vs. James Webb telescope. Way, way better, as one would expect and hope for….

Rhode Island

Comment

Good Stuff, definatly been a subject of discussion at most every time the clan men meet , can't photograph blank space anymore, full of galaxies!
                2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Working...
                X