Meteor Shower - Karuna's Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteor Shower - Karuna's Pictures

The wife has just come back from visiting friends in New Jersey and went over to Rockland Lake, where she took these pics.

She didn’t know it at the time, but when she showed me the pics I realised she was seeing the tail end of the Quadrantid meteor shower which finished on 12th January this year. That’s debris from an extinct comet which became the minor planet “2003 EH1” sometime in the last 500 years or so. Pretty neat, I think.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

wow cool pics thanks, I saw one monday morning in broad daylight.

Comment

Great shots. Last one was impressive. Wouldn't you love hearing something heavy hitting ground a few feet away while out there snapping away? LOL. One of my pet fantasies, as there has never been a recorded find or witnessed fall in RI. All nice shots, but I really like the 3rd one with the darkened clouds beneath. Yep, pretty neat!
      Rhode Island

Comment

Since we couldn't be there to see it, give a big thanks to your wife for taking the pictures! Wonderful. Sandy

Comment

Roger, your Wife is quite the photographer!
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

That is just awesome! Have seen a good sized fireball in the sky, but to get pics?
            Thanks to your wife!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
            X