Fall Mushrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Mushrooms

The hunt is on and they are popping up like weeds in a garden. Todays haul are the brown ones are Xerula (Chrysopepla) a very good tasting one. The Grey ones are Aborted Entlomas ( Entoloma Abortivum) excellent when added to soups, Italian food or fried with just about anything. Enjoy, I know I will! Kim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5824.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	772.0 KB
ID:	702883 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5825.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	794.2 KB
ID:	702884 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5826.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	781.2 KB
ID:	702885
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

I'm glad you know what you are doing Kim. I've been informed that there is a particular poisonous mushroom that looks identical to a non poisonous mushroom and the only way to tell the difference was under a microscope. 😬
    South Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been trained well Calab. I will only eat ones that I'm 100% positive, anything less I just admire. And yes there are lookalike's. We have to be very careful. I have about ten different ones growing within a short walking distance of my house. Wild schroom taste so much better than store bought.

It looks like you have a talent for discerning them!

Comment

That's awesome! We mainly go after chanterelle and oyster mushrooms in Louisiana. Although with this drought we've been in pickings have been beyond slim all summer.

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        We did find some Chanterelles. Oysters are gone! the drought must have killed the Mycelium because no one is finding them. Others like the blewitt are gone as well. K
    Working...
    X