Dirtwalkers big brute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirtwalkers big brute

Many of you have kinda watched my son Liam grow up on this forum. He first made an appearance at 4 years old and he's been on here since. He is 12 now, nearly 13. He and I have been working hard the last two weeks trying to get him on a bear. Last night it finally happened for him. The smile says it all!
    Attached Files
    Judith Basin, Montana

Way to go Dirtwalker what an awesome memory you have created with your dad.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Y’all gonna eat him?
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Cskelton
        Cskelton commented
        Editing a comment
        He is giving it to one of his teachers at school.

That’s a happy young man and I can’t see Dad’s face but I bet there is just as big of a smile on it. Way to go guys!
      Do y’all bait?
      What did he shoot him with ?
      Are you going to render the fat?
      I live 75 miles from where Teddy Roosevelt passed up an already captured bear and gave Teddy Bears their name and there is only the rare bear sighting around here now.

Comment

• Cskelton
        Cskelton commented
        Editing a comment
        Baiting isn't legal here. We have a lot of choke cherries, service berries and thorn apples in a big bottom. A two track cuts through it. Wait and watch until something steps out...
        He used a Ruger in 6.5 creedmoor. He's going to give the carcass to a teacher.

Hunt, walk, stalk, aim and shoot BANG! What a great task you two accomplished. That's a never forgeter. And a picture is worth a thousand words. K
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Congratulations to young Liam!!

Bear Jerky!

vfm

Comment

WOW Congrats Liam! That's a lot of good vittles.
          Ut Oh Chad, you gonna have another teenager on yer hands soon.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Cskelton
            Cskelton commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep three out of four now... It's a rollercoaster ride that you can't possibly anticipate. All you can do is pray for patience and try real hard to remember what it was like to be in their shoes....

I think bear is the best game meat there is. I also render the fat into a clear oil used for muzzleloader patch lube and lubricating and rust inhibiting. Also makes the best shortening for pies.
          Fayette County, southern Illinois

Comment

• Cskelton
            Cskelton commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll take antelope and elk over it every day...

Originally posted by Charles Jones View Post
          I think bear is the best game meat there is. I also render the fat into a clear oil used for muzzleloader patch lube and lubricating and rust inhibiting. Also makes the best shortening for pies.
          I cut a bunch of the fat off before he picked it up today. Going to try the rendering process and my wife is considering trying a pie with it.
          Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Charles Jones
            Charles Jones commented
            Editing a comment
            I cut the fat into small chunks and cook on high in a crock pot. Takes a few hours until the fat turns to cracklings and then I pour the oil through a fine screen into a pan. Then pour the oil into jars or metal cans. This process produces a clear oil at room temperature.

My friend says it’s the best meat. Every year he goes up north to hunt bear. Has processed, delivered back here. Every part used. He has rugs (but you gotta take shoes off to feel them with your toes) and fridge full for the year.
          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
          X