Nice Fall Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Fall Turkey

Occasionally the trail cam takes a nice picture.

Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

A few more weeks and one of those guys plus the deep fryer! YUM!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

That pic does make you hungry!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Gobble Gobble BANG........ nice pic..
        My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

nice pic
          ive been out every weekend this month trying to fill my tag
          im hunting an area i know has a lot of birds
          but i havent found a track,a feather or a piece of scat
          ive heard them fly down,about 50 yds from me,one morning and thats it so far
          i only have until nov 2nd to fill my tag
          hope tomorrow is better than the last few weekends have been
          you dont deep fry them you grill them mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Ron Kelley wrote:

Occasionally the trail cam takes a nice picture.
              That is an awesome picture
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I checked it earlier and just checked it again. I have seen a whole bunch of turkeys both times
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I popped this one at my sisters ranch in Gonzales, Texas.  He and another bird came right on into a decoys spread I put out.  They came running down a ranch road right up to 40 yards.  They hung up when they saw the jake decoy.  I learned a valuable lesson about using a jake decoy in the late spring season.  I called in 6 groups on the last weekend of the season, a rather phenominal weekend.  The problem is they all hung up at the 40 45 yard mark.  I read an article that said to set your jakes off where you know the gobblers won't be, not right in with the hens.  The article claims they are tired of fighting by the end of season and just hang around.  It seemed to fit my situation so I will try their advice next year.

Comment

nice bird,congrats
                  thats good advise
                  personally, i never use a jake decoy. early or late spring
                  i use one,two at the most hen decoys
                  and if i hear the boss hen clucking,i call back and try to  get her to come to me
                  when she comes,the toms will follow

Comment

Really nice bird you bagged there wal.. I never really noticed toms not wanting to fight late in the spring.. The picture i posted was may 30th last day of our season, i worked him the day before but couldn't get him to break away from 2 hens.. The next morning he comes down of the roost with the hens again  but once he seen the tom decoy set up he come running in and started spurring the decoy before i gave him some lead for breakfast.... This was another bird i worked for my best friends son this past spring...

My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

turkeys, toms and hens
                      will try and establish dominance all year long
                      sometimes every day,sometimes not for days
                      the one that may be the boss tom/hen today,may not be tomorrow
                      or even later in the same day
                      turkeys are brutal to each other
                      but not on my belly 

Comment

Your 100% right ...

Comment

Here are a couple of prowd toms:

Michigan Yooper
                          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

ooooo weeee thems some damn nice looking eastern strutters  :woohoo:

Comment

Just looking at them thunder chickens gets the blood boiling.. Cmon spring.. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X