Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears

I found a bear in a den a couple weeks ago out at work. See him in there?

nice pics
    you should have snuggled up with him and taken a selfie  :rolf:

Comment

AWE  :laugh:
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

As my avatar says Sometimes  you eat the Bear and sometimes the Bear eats you. :rolf:  It is a saying I grew up with.
        Nice pic's!
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

course you could say ....thats beary funny. :whistle:  or those are the Bear facts  :whistle:  Bear in mind those are the pic's  :dunno:  :rolf:  Okay I will stop...for now I am sure some will bearly tolerate it.  :rolf:  :whistle:

Comment

chase your last post was almost un"bear"able  :rolf:

Comment

Nice photos! Took some nerve, I'm sure.... I 've had a couple close encounters but getting photos was the last thing on my mind as those bears weren't sleeping.   inch:
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Kyflintguy wrote:

Nice photos! Took some nerve, I'm sure.... I 've had a couple close encounters but getting photos was the last thing on my mind as those bears weren't sleeping.   inch:
                Oh my.... now that's being beary smart. :whistle:

Comment

[QUOTE]chase wrote:

Originally posted by Kyflintguy post=146733
                  Oh my.... now that's being beary smart. :whistle:
                    Smarter than trying to take him on with my bear hands! :rolf:  :whistle:
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Sorry for hijacking your thread.... But Bear in mind I do that from time to time. since I bear..ly know you I am sorry.

Comment

chase wrote:

Sorry for hijacking your thread.... But Bear in mind I do that from time to time. since I bear..ly know you I am sorry.
                        That goes for the rest of us who have had to grin and bear it.
                      Child of the tides

Comment

You guys crack me up :rolf:
                        When I got down there to take the pic he did pick his head up and look at me. They can wake up but they are really like woozy when they hibernate never totally asleep.
                        Lots of bear around here. Here's a pic right outside my house this past spring. Annie the dog don't know quite what to do about that smell shes thinking it over. This bear was well over #500 largest tracks I've ever seen from a black bear.

Comment

That's a great picture of a black bear in the den.. Its a good possibility the den had been dug by coyotes or some other critter as i believe its very unusual for a black bear to waste so much energy digging a den for its winter nap.. Not impossible but just not very common.. They usually find something like a crevice in between rocks, a hollow log or just simple depressions in the ground and then cover themselves up with brush,etc.. I have a real good friend who is retired after 40 years as a wildlife biologist and specialized in black bears.. His name is Dick Henry i run and maintain a wildlife biologist blog for him and he wrote a real nice piece about wintering black bears if your interested reading it.  http://dhenry.hudsonvalleysportsman....inter-denning/.. Thats a great picture and i wouldnt mind saving it to my computer if you don't mind.. Ron
                          My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

yup, that one looks like a beast for sure
                            in the bottom left of the last pic,that track looks like a squatch track  :rolf:

Comment

Oh i forgot to mention looks like there may be a stemmed point laying in front of the den to the left..lol
                              My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

Working...
                              X