Road kill "Bobcat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road kill "Bobcat"

Road kill. (Someone else's) Still fresh when found, limber.
    Took it somewhere that could benefit some predator.
    No did not skin it out.
    Gone two days later nothing but hair laying around.

Jess B.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

man oh man thats a nice looking bob

i would of had to skin that sucker out,hes got some nice belly spots

Comment

Woulda been some good fur.

Comment

If I had the time, I would have had to skin that one and then dumped the leftovers for the scavengers (and thus preventing them from getting hairs stuck in the teeth.)

Here's a scan of an old paper picture of some spotted cats we'd skin from roadkill when we lived way down south. The larger one is an ocelot, the smaller one is probably a Margay (a smaller, more tree bound relative of the ocelot.) We got some cool big snakes, a couple of caimans/gators, and several of these guys over the years.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Ocelot.png
Views:	22
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	178453
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I saw the same thing on a busy road in San Diego last year - quite large and looked very healthy. Such a shame, but still nice to know they are present in populated areas (for now).

Comment

Rare find or does that happen often? Cats being what they are I would guess the odds of finding one roadkill would not happen often.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Ron Kelley
              Ron Kelley commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Greg, I think you're right. We have a lot of Bobcats but rarely see a road kill. I did see one get hit by a vehicle ahead of me and I stopped and picked it up.

Wow I woulda skinned it out too.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Gorgeous pelt! Hunters here trap them because they claim they predate the quail they're trying to restore. I suspect the coyotes and raccoons share a lot of the blame. Would love to see a live one. Hubby saw one down in our Apple orchard this past summer.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
              X