Touched by a Wild Mountain Gorilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touched by a Wild Mountain Gorilla

At one point in this clip, the subject of interest is heard to say "my heart is racing". A close encounter of the gorilla kind hmy:
    An amazing chance encounter with a troop of wild mountain gorillas near Bwindi National Park, Uganda

Rhode Island

I saw this the other day, its pretty neat.
    Jack

Comment

wow, that was pretty cool.....If I was that guy I'd be changing my shorts! He did the right thing, stayed quiet and kept still....wasn't a threat at all....and was rewarded with something few have experienced before.
      Thanks Charlie.
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

Yeah, he was really smart not lookin those guys in the eye!
        Rhode Island

Comment

That is far out, Charlie!  Amazing to watch...and what I wouldn't do for that touch.  Looked to be a kind and gentle touch.  Scratch and sniff!   The fella was conscious of the necessity to, "freeze!" hmy: Wonder if his legs were like jelly after the fact!

Comment

Very cool Charlie! Notice he kept his head down showing submission. Lucky they didnt see him smiling.

Comment

Great one Charie, I really enjoyed that.
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

roustabout149 wrote:

That is far out, Charlie!  Amazing to watch...and what I wouldn't do for that touch.  Looked to be a kind and gentle touch.  Scratch and sniff!   The fella was conscious of the necessity to, "freeze!" hmy: Wonder if his legs were like jelly after the fact!
                  I agree Pam, would love to have such an experience, but I'd be laying limp on the ground after :S
                Rhode Island

Comment

turkeytail wrote:

Very cool Charlie! Notice he kept his head down showing submission. Lucky they didnt see him smiling.
                  Ain't that the truth! Try smiling at a mad dog and see where that gets ya :unsure:
                  Rhode Island

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Great one Charie, I really enjoyed that.
                    Glad to hear it, Ray. It's apparently gone viral in the past week, Jack saw it earlier, my wife found it on the web today and I've since sent it along to a few friends. I don't know if I could have kept my knees from knockin :lol:
                    Rhode Island

Comment

The only way I could do that is if I knew I could out run the camera man! LOL :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
                      Great post Charlie
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Wild!!!

Comment

Thats a great one Charlie! Don't think I could do that. :unsure:
                          Joe.

Comment

ksrocks wrote:

Thats a great one Charlie! Don't think I could do that. :unsure:
                            Joe.
                            Joe, showed this to my nephew today and we both agreed it would be hard to volunteer to "go sit over there while a troupe of gorillas toys with ya"! But, still wish I was that guy and lived to talk about it B)
                            Rhode Island

Comment

OK Charlie u the MAN!! :woohoo: I guess after the fact it would be ok, not sure my heart could handle that! Would be something to write home about! :unsure:  Good post!
                              Joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X