Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Southern New England Arrowheads.com gathering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright everyone! Getting close now. The weather might be calling for showers but there’s a covered pavilion and we’re bringing a few easy ups too. I’m bringing folding tables but if any of you have camp chairs or folding chairs you can bring at least for yourself that’d be cool and there’s trees right there in case anyone has a hammock ( which is my plan!) I’m bringing burgers but I’m not cooking all day so whoever’s around for lunch gets one,lol. And like I said if anyone wants to do some flint knapping and has the tools or materials bring em along too. And don’t forget to bring things for show and tell! Lol
    im getting there early to set up, you’s can start showing up by 9 or 10:00 if ya’s want. Weather permitting I think this is gonna be a lot of fun.
    Last edited by OnewiththewilD; 09-17-2018, 08:18 AM.
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

The entrance to Warwick City Park is off Asylum Rd, so you might set your gps for that road. Here is what the entrance will look like:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1438.PNG Views:	1 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	320159

Just stay on the park road, and drive slowly as there are several speed bumps. The road will take a turn to the right, and you will arrive at a point where the ball fields and dog park are located. Seen here. Take the road on the left to reach the beach.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1439.PNG Views:	1 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	320160

And here is the entrance to the beach. It has a gravel parking lot, cratered with holes, so if you are bringing frames, please know the lot is cratered:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1440.PNG Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	320161

As of this morning, at least, the weather calls for partly sunny, with a high of 70. It will be the first full day of Autumn....

Rhode Island

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
        OnewiththewilD commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks bud! Right on!

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice the autumnal equinox great day for this activity

It's gonna be a good day even if it snows...thanks for info Jay and CMD
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Has anyone started a food list for this thing? I will likely bring a side and something sweet... I'm leaning toward Horseradish Potato Salad for the side dish, it goes really well with burgers and maybe Rye Whiskey Chocolate Chip Cookies for the ender.

Anyone else throwing something in to the potluck?

It's always good to make a list so we don't end up with 5 pasta salads, 1 bag of chips, no paper plates and only mustard... lol

Comment

Yes a box of good hot dogs I'm bringing
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Well, I’m planning on bringing the paper plates and cups. And I’ll pick up the ketchup and mustard and burgers and buns. If one a you’s could maybe grab a rack of soda or two that’d be cool.
            Last edited by OnewiththewilD; 09-17-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
              OnewiththewilD commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok I got all the plates and cups and forks and paper towels and condiments and a jug of water. I’ll grab the burgers and buns probably Friday.

I’ll grab the fake forks and stuff too

Comment

Sporks they call em....how many rock kickers do you think will come
              SW Connecticut

Comment

I tried gettin a head count on here,lol. We’ll see I guess. Over 10 under 20? I dunno!

Comment

I’ll bring the soda and some gator aid and ice
                  Southern Connecticut

Comment

Arrrgh...I wish I could make it but I'll be away on a fishing trip on that date. Oh well, maybe next time.

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
                      OnewiththewilD commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Aw man I was hoping you’d be able to make it! I wanna see that avatar piece of yours soooo bad!

The ASAA meeting is Saturday, 9/22, and Alan will be giving a talk. And, once again, I won't be making that drive. No excuse, either. Hope your talk and the meeting go well, Alan!
                    Rhode Island

Comment

I will bring a case of waters for the non Soda type.

I can potentially bring a pasta salad? Maybe a buffalo chicken pasta salad. Whatever you guys want I’ll bring!
                      Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
                        OnewiththewilD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Artifacts.....bring artifacts! Lol and yeah buffalo chicken pasta salad sounds like it may be worth bringing too! Lol

Ill be hitting the asaa meeting and Sunday heading to Warwick..should be a good time..

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
                        OnewiththewilD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Awesome! It’ll be nice to meet you!

Pictures, Lots of pictures!
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                      X