January Find of the Month Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Find of the Month Entry

Good morning everyone! It's time to enter your January finds! Please remember to add at least two good pictures of your find, and the link to your original post.

I'd like to apologize for not being around recently. I'll have to explain later.

Entry closes February 14th.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Should be a good contest this month plenty of great finds. I knew you were mia KP
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Damn I had two decent finds in January and can’t decide which to enter, guess I’m going to have to flip a quarter
      Warren County New Jersey

Comment

• HBird
        HBird commented
        Editing a comment
        Whining?! I didn’t think I was whining nor was I aware that I must be a compulsive whiner!? Well all I can say is it is what it is! That’s just the way I am and it ain’t going to change

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        She didn't mean you directly bird its just a ongoing joke because we finders complain about finding to much. Nothing personal at all. She says I'm spoiled

• HBird
        HBird commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I might have thought about it a little more before I started spouting off like a idiot! Thanks for saying something SurfaceHunter and Cecilia please except my apology for being rude and arrogant towards you. I can assure you that I normally would never act like that towards a woman. Just very stressful times lately and again I’m sorry 😢

This is going to be fun i can't remember the last time we had so many great finds in one month especially winter.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Is it incised red think I see decoration on it? All of mine are plain
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Glenn the lines are tool marks like flint and quartzite chisels and scrapers used to shape the bowl. U can see it clearly on other side. ..good thought though!!

Hey all.....i found this January 18th...i believe the majority ruled some type of bead/pendant.
        https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...ool-or-nothing Click image for larger version

Name:	20210204_154440.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	530727Click image for larger version

Name:	20210204_154422.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	530728
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Another great find

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep.

Wow, there are some strong entries again this month! I had some nice finds in January, decided to go with this Victoria (Transitional Paleo) dart point. Found in the middle of a pipeline ROW a few days after a 3" snow. Good luck everyone!
        Here's the link to the posting:
        My very productive West Pipeline ROW campsite is uphill to a lesser campsite along the same pipeline. Seeing a tractor at this lesser campsite yesterday, I hurried back out there today to see what was going on. Sure enough, the farmer was plowing the downhill ROW. So, I scoured my good campsite as thoroughly as I could and was

Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Another wonderful entry

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Enjoy the silver quarter also.

• TexAg
          TexAg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Surface & Flint. The quarter is from my birth year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0211211625a.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	532587Click image for larger version

Name:	0211211625b.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	532588 I will joint the group Click image for larger version  Name:	0101211057.jpg Views:	51 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	531662
        Last edited by hudson; 02-11-2021, 05:39 PM.
        east Tx.

Comment

Wow, there are some AMAZING finds for January - I don't think I have a chance, haha, but will still give it a shot. Fringed pendant, seems to be made of slate. Lucky creek find. I may never find another one!

Hello friends! Didn't post any new finds in December because... there were none! Went out a number of times but found zippo. It just keeps raining here and all my favorite spots stay under water, it seems. So for 2021, I decided to check out a new creek and its feeder creeks, and I have had some luck. Today was the best - I

Central North Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          👍

• SGT.Digger
          SGT.Digger commented
          Editing a comment
          Wondering if it could be some kind of tally stone/pendent. Looks like 7-8 marks on the end

Click image for larger version

Name:	93A6BD7F-22D4-4D4E-B491-86FAC627A015.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	532180Click image for larger version

Name:	C226944E-EC00-4D64-A8F8-1A7FE39E2F2B.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	532179 I’ll see if I can spread the votes around so the monster hog lance doesn’t get em all . Had a couple nice bird points and a couple decent points I’ll throw this one in the ring . https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...sunday-1-31-21

Comment

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I am without power, and I can only plug my computer in a moment at a time because the generator doesn't like it. We have half an inch of ice entombing everything, and Kentucky is under State of Emergency. 75% of the whole state is without power. It could be a week before we get it again. If I'm not back online by Sunday, could somebody make the contest for me?

Thank you guys.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            Stay warm K.P..... someone I’m sure will cover it..✌️

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d like to help K.P... I don’t have the permission or tools to do so......✌️

I believe these are the best finds ever in a contest .

Comment

Working...
          X