A Tribute Walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Tribute Walk

Two weeks ago I lost my K9 hunting partner she helped me find almost every point I've ever found. She was 15 and lived a great life. Just this Saturday morning my dad had a heart attack and passed. I owe my love of the outdoors to him he taught me how to hunt, fish, garden as well as respecting and loving nature. He absolutely loved history and thought my newly found passion for Native American artifact's was an absolutely wonderful thing. Without his love of nature I would have never gotten into this hobby. So Yesterday I went on a dedicated hunt. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6202.PNG
Views:	303
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	419955 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6207.PNG
Views:	247
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	419956 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6208.PNG
Views:	244
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	419957 It's my first hunt without my companion. Life is short hold the ones you love dearly. Well the hunt wasn't that productive but I was happy to get out and find a couple of crude and broken artifact's. The Quartz points are rough and had to do a triple look to make sure they were actually artifact's. The Rhyolite base would have been a nice one. Love you Dad one day soon we will be walking endless fields together.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6204.PNG
Views:	261
Size:	544.2 KB
ID:	419960
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Sorry for your losses Sugaree, better days are ahead. Stay strong.
      Last edited by paohrocks; 01-28-2020, 11:05 AM.
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you paohrocks!

Sorry for your loss. May the peace of the lord be with you and your family at this difficult time.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Hoss!

I trust that a lot of us here are drawn to our outdoor activities to transcend the material world to get lost in our own thoughts for a while. Being out in nature has always had a way of simplifying things in my life and help keep me grounded. I could not think of a better way to collect your thoughts, nor better tribute to your outdoor companions..... Sorry for your loss.

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Hunting_Dad!

Hey Marshall sorry to hear this brother.... sounds like he was a good man....good you found artifacts on his tribute walk ...awesome
      Last edited by redrocks; 01-28-2020, 11:57 AM.
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Red!

Oh man, you’ve been through the ringer..I’m sorry....
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you JJ!

Sweet tribute, Marshall.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Tom!

Hey Marshall, I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like you are celebrating the LIFE of your Dad and that's the way I deal with the passing of a loved one too. Stay strong and bring comfort to other family members. May God's Peace be with you.
      Last edited by Ron Kelley; 01-28-2020, 02:05 PM.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Ron!

Marshall, So sorry. What a sweet way to remember and reflect on your loved ones. Take care.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Greg!

Sorry about your loss . I know all to much how it feels.
      keep on keepin after

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks PointHound it is tough. He had an amazing life!

Marshall, Prayers for you and your family, reading that got my eyes blurry. Wish I could steal some of your pain. Stay positive and keep getting out to explore.

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Glacial Pebble I love your positive vibrations!

Your post put a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I know what it is to lose both parents & beloved pets. Don’t know which hurts more.
      A walk in nature, doing something that you not only enjoy but that brings forth so many good memories is the best way to celebrate their lives.
      Once when I was grieving the sudden loss of a beloved dog, a dear friend said “don’t be sad it’s over; just be glad it happened.” You have to truly love in order to feel grief. I wish you blessings in your journey forward.
      Deb
      Child of the tides

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Deb that was very well stated. It has been really tough lately with losses. I've had multiple friends pass lately at an early age. This place gives me joy because of friends like you thanks for your support!

Sugaree, I am so very sorry for the double loss - my deepest condolences. Sending you prayers and good vibes. We must all enjoy every day that we are gifted!
      Central North Carolina

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you HikerGalNC you are so right everyday is gift make the most of it!

Sorry for your loss as that has to be a hard one to handle...Blessing going forward to you and yours..
      North Central Kentucky

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you KyChertHunter!
    Working...
    X