X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD
    replied
    Butch Wilson wrote:

Congratulations Charlie, I had to chuckle when you posted this. Even as a Carolina hillbilly, I have been to enough "Knife Swappin's" and "Hog Killin's" to know when someone is being baited.  :laugh: After all "Carpetbaggers" have been trying to sneak up on us down here since 1865 !
      But Butch, you southern boys got your revenge sending all those "scaliwags" north in 1865 :laugh:  :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• cgode
    replied
    [QUOTE]CMD wrote:

[quote=cgode post=50310]
    Originally posted by Bill post=50307

Oh and again just for you, that book you should read is Across Atlantic Ice way to go man I am loving it.
    Oh man, thanks Bill.....I had forgotten which book it was! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
      Chris, I'm busy writing a new book myself! The tentative title will be "Psychological Projection as Manifested in Archaeological Arguments." Not that catchy, I know, but I'm finding a ton of material on the subject :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
      :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  I want a signed copy Charlie!!

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Awww that’s all right gal, a little distrust is good and I am not offended.    
    I appreciate that you acknowledge that I am free to believe the Clovis from Solutrean hypothesis so it’s all good. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    [QUOTE]cgode wrote:

Originally posted by Bill post=50307

Oh and again just for you, that book you should read is Across Atlantic Ice way to go man I am loving it.
    Oh man, thanks Bill.....I had forgotten which book it was! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
      Chris, I'm busy writing a new book myself! The tentative title will be "Psychological Projection as Manifested in Archaeological Arguments." Not that catchy, I know, but I'm finding a ton of material on the subject :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• cgode
    replied
    Bill wrote:

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Heyyy Butch that sounds great to me. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Ha ha,Cgode you funny and awesome but I am afraid that you completely missed it earlier because I said yep, the first people to see North America were boat people who sailed down the Pacific coast and probably back up too. I guess you must have missed that somehow.
    You are really a funny guy and keep me laughing most of the time, Supermen, really? Drs. Stanford and Bradley would get a hoot out of being called Supermen thanks man, you do have the jokes. 
    The DNA evidence is what it is and in case you missed it let me reiterate that I believe that the first people to see North America were boat people from Asia.   

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Bill wrote:

Awww Butch I'm may be an old Southern country boy but I ain't never killed no Hogs. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
    You don't know what you're missing Bill. It's a great opportunity for the neighbors to get together Tip the jug, chew tobacco, spit and tell some bigg'uns. 

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Awww Butch I'm may be an old Southern country boy but I ain't never killed no Hogs. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Congratulations Charlie, I had to chuckle when you posted this. Even as a Carolina hillbilly, I have been to enough "Knife Swappin's" and "Hog Killin's" to know when someone is being baited.  :laugh: After all "Carpetbaggers" have been trying to sneak up on us down here since 1865 !

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    Bill wrote:

roustabout149, good post and wise thoughts.
    On the other hand, have you ever tried to convince an Atheist God doesn’t exist? After a few minutes most will end up admitting that they wish there was but cannot deny the possibility.
      Reverse psychology?  Deny?  Never.  There is no other hand.  And how is it you are aware of what, "most will do?"  Don't try to twist me up.  It won't work.  Period

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    [QUOTE]CMD wrote:

Originally posted by Bill post=50274
    CMD, “an adherent of "Solutrean Theory Fundamentalism" , really?
    You must be brand new to Paleoindian research and ideas because the article you posted is just one of hundreds that have been written over the last fifteen years on the same identical subject. Since the discovery of Preclovis they have all said the same things.
    Threads take turns all of the time and are whatever we make them. You seem to be disillusioned and perhaps would be better suited to talking about matters that are philosophical but not scientific in nature.
    I stated I agreed with most of your post and then you seemed to think something else was intended. It all seems very passive aggressive and so anti-establishment to me. I honestly hope you will carry on with a smile on your face because there has been no ill will intended.
      I will stand by what I said. I have a great deal of enthusiasm for the subject of ancient migration(s) to the Americas. Where once I thought I saw a fellow enthusiast, I now see a dogmatist. As far as threads taking a turn, well of course they do. However, you have stated your position regarding the Solutrean hypothesis over and over and over and over and over.....
    I believe we understood your position quite some time ago. Again, persuasion by sledgehammer is extraordinarily weak, IMO. I do love philosophy, BTW. I also like scientific arguments. You have yet to learn how to discuss matters that are scientific, since the whole thrust of your argument amounts to "if Stanford says it is so, it is so". That is not science. That is fanaticism. BTW, I never said you intended ill will. And as for posting the article, can you ever forgive me for posting something that might prove illuminating to some forum members?? Not everyone has the wealth of knowledge you do on the subject. And, IT WAS an excellent summary of the current state of affairs. To answer your direct question, yes, I believe you are an adherent to Solutrean Theory Fundamentalism. It's your right, just as it's my right to distrust your arguments for that very reason. But I will certainly carry on with a smile
    Sorry, Pam
      No need be sorry to me, Charlie.  I completely understand.  I have been keeping up with this topic and it has fascinated me.  I only found it to become less and less informative.  That's all.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Remember CMD you brought it up and the one who keeps throwing rocks so let’s just keep smiling. :laugh: 
    Remember, in order to feel respected one must respect. It is my sincere wish that you feel better now and let’s just let the smiles show.    

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    roustabout149, good post and wise thoughts.
    On the other hand, have you ever tried to convince an Atheist God doesn’t exist? After a few minutes most will end up admitting that they wish there was but cannot deny the possibility.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Bill wrote:

CMD, “an adherent of "Solutrean Theory Fundamentalism" , really?
    You must be brand new to Paleoindian research and ideas because the article you posted is just one of hundreds that have been written over the last fifteen years on the same identical subject. Since the discovery of Preclovis they have all said the same things.
    Threads take turns all of the time and are whatever we make them. You seem to be disillusioned and perhaps would be better suited to talking about matters that are philosophical but not scientific in nature.
    I stated I agreed with most of your post and then you seemed to think something else was intended. It all seems very passive aggressive and so anti-establishment to me. I honestly hope you will carry on with a smile on your face because there has been no ill will intended.
      I will stand by what I said. I have a great deal of enthusiasm for the subject of ancient migration(s) to the Americas. Where once I thought I saw a fellow enthusiast, I now see a dogmatist. As far as threads taking a turn, well of course they do. However, you have stated your position regarding the Solutrean hypothesis over and over and over and over and over.....
    I believe we understood your position quite some time ago. Again, persuasion by sledgehammer is extraordinarily weak, IMO. I do love philosophy, BTW. I also like scientific arguments. You have yet to learn how to discuss matters that are scientific, since the whole thrust of your argument amounts to "if Stanford says it is so, it is so". That is not science. That is fanaticism. BTW, I never said you intended ill will. And as for posting the article, can you ever forgive me for posting something that might prove illuminating to some forum members?? Not everyone has the wealth of knowledge you do on the subject. And, IT WAS an excellent summary of the current state of affairs. To answer your direct question, yes, I believe you are an adherent to Solutrean Theory Fundamentalism. It's your right, just as it's my right to distrust your arguments for that very reason. But I will certainly carry on with a smile
    Sorry, Pam

Leave a comment:

Working...
X