Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats cruel showing me that

Comment

I wish I had the rest of that palmwood base! The short fat one is palmwood also.

Comment

Sure would fit in with mine. Beat up doesnt hurt me at all

Comment

Heres a frame I put together thanks to Mark B)

Comment

There are some nice Wilsons in that frame and a few that don't appear to be Wilson.  Here is another that I dug from Paleo context  that Im not positive about but the grinding makes me lean toward Wilson.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wilson [replaced].jpg
Views:	113
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	198941

Comment

B) The tall notches tells me Wilson all the way. Man, they change in the form of the body....and heck, the base also or that matter. Nice!!! That frame only had a few well worn Wilsons in it.  They are s.e. Texas though. T;he spindle whorls I got in my grandpas collection

Comment

Very nice, and if you dont like the white ones still, shoot i'll take them! :laugh:
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Darn reflection :rolf:

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Great post guys GarScale I am so happy I was able to get you back posting pictures of your stuff here. Dave awesome displays man. Just one thing if you look back at your posts you will notice I did edits on them. All I did was go in and insert the pictures. When loading pics to the site first  "chose your file"  then "click insert button"  lastly click "submit". This way your pictures will show up loaded and not look like little  thumbnails at the bottom of your post. Many thanks to the Great State of Texas for all the great artifacts you shared with Gar and Dave Keep up the hunt guys!
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks Hoss! These Paleo points are incredibly rare! They are Clovis to Plainview aged and until recently  went quite unrecognized. Several of us knew we were digging them in Paleo layers but no one wanted t hear it because they were stemmed. That is changing rapidly. The fact that very few people understand and appreciate the type doesn't lessen the rarity of the frame Dave just posted. I could put together a similar frame with maybe a little better size but not as good grade material over all.  Its probably safe to say there aren't many more folks that could do so.
                          Five years from now I predict a mad rush for them! Maybe I will just sell mine to Dave and then he will be the Only GO-TOO guy for Wilson.

Comment

Another point, Lots of the Wide based type are semi-fluted. You might have noticed on this one that it has a fluting platform prepared but was never struck.

Comment

I used to collect all different kinds until about 2 or so years ago when one day I fell for the Wilsons. Now, that is the only type I look for......period. I might pick up a couple pretty bifaces at the show, but thats it. Without Mark I am having a tough timme for quite some time now getting any.
                            There havent been any found in my area......but then again its just a bunch of kids destroying every burnt rock midden they can find. They are relentless and it looks like a bomb went off. Pot hole here and there and everywhere :angry:  Trash everywhere also. On a good note, I'll just get all those from you... :laugh: I wish? I wish that I would have only collected Wilsons from the very start

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Comment

Heres a blurry shot of the base. Has 2 fluty thinning strikes

Comment

Working...
                                X