Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I going am with macCorkle

Comment

Ill jump on the Maccorkle bandwagon too. As good an idea as I can come up with. I actually have an example with a similar base from Ky.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

It's a dandy point you found for sure. I'm not well versed with the many bifurcated points so I will have to do some studying to come up with a suggestion. At this time I'm not thinking Hardaway but I surely could be wrong. I love these challenges. Great point for sure..

Comment

I thought hardaway when I first saw it

Comment

Just when I thought the debate was over... my struggle continues!

Comment

Dirt Kicker good to have you back on the site. That is one sweet find. It might be a Big Sandy Contracted Base.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Here is a Sun washed pic if it helps any further opinions Click image for larger version

Name:	20170709_171742.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	255418

Comment

Hey hoss, good to be back on AH.com we had a good spring for artifacts in Illinois hope to be in touch more often. Just had to get this one up and start getting some ideas on this point. I have yet to find one like it. Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

That bifurcate is beautiful even if a consensus has not been reached!

Comment

Hey, that's a nice one. Probably called a Hanna out my way. Looks similar anyway
                      South Dakota

Comment

http://www.lithicsnet.com/foxvalley.htm. Here is a link of a Fox Valley type. The one pictured there doesn't quite resemble yours but according to the description, in my opinion, I see beveling and parallel flaking which is characteristic of a Fox Valley type that is from Illinois. I think it is transitional paleo anyway. Since I live in NC it has a Hardaway type look to me. However, the characteristics of this type is so common many types can be suggested and still be worthy. For example, MacCorkle, Lecroy, Kirk Bifuricate, Kanawha, Nottoway River Bifurcate. Very beautiful point and thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback, with the repeated resharpining on this point a positive id will be hard to nail down. I think I will just settle on a rice lobed cluster. My main goal was to determine the age of occupation on this new site I found. This is the first point I have found and I think I can be comfortable saying early archaic at least. The big flake tool has me optimistic because I just don't find many like that around my area.

Comment

Oh i almost forgot to ask about material if anyone can help me out I thank you!

Comment

I'd say MacCorkle. Nice point!

Comment

If I had to guess I agree with Von. That is what first came to mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X