X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointblank
    replied
    Originally posted by tomf View Post
    It's not a guessing game with the California ones. Evidence supports ethnographic reports. It seems they had no utilitarian function that wasn't magical in nature. Not weights or plum lines or marital aids.
    Not saying that at some point in distant past they didn't have a physical function that may have morphed into the metaphysical, but indian lore, and archeology seem to line up in agreement on this one.
    Exactly what tomf stated above...............Here are a couple of mine from CA. Click image for larger version

Name:	Charmstones.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	557706

Leave a comment:

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    No, this is a JAR?! No, I don’t believe that. You musta scratched cool design if rock. Please make pine tar pitch soon, and record. (I’ll believe only JAR if see you mashing embers with it....!). Gosh, I’ll think about that next time our gazillion Georgia pines whisper in the wind!

• LongStride
    replied
    it's just a odd shaped rock I found on a gravel bar, about 3" long, use it to grind the charcoal when making pine tar pitch, will document that for y'all with photos next time I make some
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LongStride; 05-18-2021, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Missouri Breaks
    commented on 's reply
    I just downloaded this article and it’s really fantastic. There are descriptions of things I’ve found, including the charm stones. Answers a lot of questions.

• AJGamby
    replied
    These are all fantastic artifacts guys!

Leave a comment:

• Cecilia
    replied
    This insomniac just read one of coolest, most interesting articles ever, and can y’all guess, it was about (among other items) plummets being part of a Californian shaman’s rainmaking kit!

Please enjoy!

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...ication_detail

Leave a comment:

• Artifascination
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0FF94E64-C398-476B-B644-2EA0C892FE06.jpeg
Views:	404
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	555256

Leave a comment:

• Cmcramer
    commented on 's reply
    No idea about this material.....I hope someone will know.

• Missouri Breaks
    commented on 's reply
    Those would be serious sites. All amazing. Something numerical going on with the tablet?
    Last edited by Missouri Breaks; 05-13-2021, 10:29 AM.

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, I’ve read that, too, but who would make such a beautiful thing and sling it fast and hard and far over and over.....? That’s equivalent of using for fishing net....idk, idk ... maybe my value-system needs plumbing... 😆 LOL
    Last edited by Cecilia; 05-16-2021, 08:10 AM.

• Artifascination
    commented on 's reply
    Excellent finds! Thanks for sharing!

• Artifascination
    commented on 's reply
    I believe they definitely put some work into making it appear like that! That’s an awesome piece!

• Artifascination
    commented on 's reply
    That’s a unique one! What material is that made from?

• willjo
    replied
    Super collection

Leave a comment:

• Artifascination
    commented on 's reply
    It looks a lot like claystone! Very neat material!
Working...
X