Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]painshill wrote:

Originally posted by Marrattukka post=42709
    Wow that is pretty cool stuff. I think that when I was told there are alot of know it all's here it was the truth :laugh:
      Todd, I completely understand. It can look that way can’t it? The other side of the coin is that folks often use websites like ours as reference sources and the stuff we post will also ultimately get picked up by search engines. We should take great pride in that and do our best to ensure that what’s on offer is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Otherwise, that’s how misinformation gets propagated, with a belief that it's authoritative.
    Painshill
      Well there, I do believe it was I who used the remark know-it-all....
    Honestly there is no one person who knows it all, there are those who try very hard though.
    There is a great deal of knowlege that those here wish to share or convey and most of it you can take
    to the bank, so to speak. (pictures, links, reference books, pointers...)
    We have a wide distribution of peoples who try any way we can to help those who want and need information on just about anything related to our field of expertise.
    Some mistakes will be made along the way but most of us will admit it when we are corrected
    and we take it in stride. We honestly attempt to put forth information like Painshill said here that is as accurate and authorative as it can possibly be.
    There are times when we have posts that we put here just to bring out the confrontational aspect of any person who wishes to reply. One such post (By me) is the one on the Mallakoff heads....it keeps things interesting and brings out so much that was not known by all that well, it makes it interesting to
                                     know the facts.
    Truth be known this is the best web site you could have possibly joined in on.
    I am a member on several and I can tell you that I have more fun here than any of the others be it treasures, arrowheads, bottles, fossils, minerals...We have fun. Is that not one persuit in life that most of us wish to keep, to have fun and keep the truth going.
    Here is a picture of a placentaceras (8 inch across ammonite) that I extracted from a
    "septerian nodule" taken from the eagleford formation Dallas Co. Texas.
    I left the specimen stuck on the original stone.
    Note: Calcite crystalization passing through bottom of ammonite.

I gave this one to a friend as a Christmas gift.
      Bone2stone(Jessy)
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

I really like what you have to say here! This has been, by far, the most fun and educational site I have found. Love being here. And that's an awesome amonite that you gave your friend.

Comment

Appology accepted. There are lots of good people here that are glad to help.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
        X