Translucent Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tam View Post
    Ok how was that made ? Is it plexi so it has some give . Gotta have me one of those . I love stained glass that will take its place just fine .
    The frame you made Dennis !!
    Mounted on glass with clear epoxy then slid into a slot and another sheet of glass slid into a slot above . Look at the bottom of the case you can see the slots .

Comment

South fork. I’m guessing it takes just a tiny dab to hold a point on the glass. When’s all done -is the glue pretty much Un-detectable?
      Last edited by Sage hen jack; 06-18-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage hen jack View Post
        South fork. I’m guessing it takes just a tiny dab to hold a point on the glass. When’s all done -is the glue pretty much Un-detectable?
        Here's a couple of close ups no glue shows I'm guessing it was epoxy and Super Glue will work also . I 'm thinking about replacing one of my windows with a lot of translucent arrowheads .

Comment

South that looks Awesome 👍 and you got some gems in that Frame!

Comment

Obsidian Clovis or ‘Triple T. I think it’s a Triple T’

Comment

• tomf
              tomf commented
              Editing a comment
              Gorgeous.

Tomf. I narrowed the ‘Borax’-down by The general shape/Squared stem -very thin-and especially the Flaking pattern/wide large thin !! pattern pretty much goes along with the current Overstreet. Definitely not a Rose springs. It was found in Northern CA.
            Last edited by Sage hen jack; 06-18-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• tomf
              tomf commented
              Editing a comment
              If it matches Overstreet it's a safe call, I guess.

I just bought my first copy. 14th edition. Not finding many matches within my collection but learning plenty anyhow.

Thanks for the specifics on Borax Lake.

Crystal Rose Spring Tilly's Hill N. California

Comment

• Pointblank
              Pointblank commented
              Editing a comment
              Dennis, Those crystal points are just killers when made as nice as that one!

Love that Crystal Rose👍

Comment

Elko split stem. Any ‘Columbia River area— or Southwest point collectors out there??? Light em up!! There’s some really colorful gem points that come outta your regions!

Comment

Here are a few from the Basin. Pictures aren't the best but here you are anyway.

Comment

• south fork
                  south fork commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nice a little color from the obsidian country . That Rose Spring is a killer .

Here's a few more I rounded up pictures of....The BR has some translucency to it but I don't have a pic to show it other than this one.

Comment

Great points there Point blank’ like that Paleo point! I second South’ on that Rose Spring’s -As nice as they come👍 Is that 4th point pictured the Smokey Obsidian an Agate Basin? They’re all sweet! Thanks for sharing!
                  Last edited by Sage hen jack; 06-19-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Pointblank
                    Pointblank commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sage hen Jack, It's definitely not an Agate Basin even thought the shape might suggest that...….Its probably a un-notched Eastgate like the Agate Eastgate in one of my photos. I've come across quite a few camps where you'll find notched and un-notched together.

Point- It’s looks to have a very slight shoulder/stem. Some Alberta’s have that goin on, but if flaked in fairly thin flat Eastgate profile definitely not. Thanks for sharing. Nice stuff

Comment

Can't believe the quality of these points.

Magic.

Thanks for showing them.

California

Comment

This one is made from Clear Lake obsidian.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9190.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	373880
                      California

Comment

• Tam
                        Tam commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am going nuts looking at all this . Lived for 1/3 of my adult life roaming those mountains of Cal and didn’t thinks to look for points . Back then I was probably stepping on them . Being a 100 and all
                    Working...
                    X