No announcement yet.

Thought I would share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scratches on the surface of the piece looks like it was on good chert, and some places where that outer surface that looks like the cortex is under it, looks to me like when old chert deteriorates or returns to a sandy like material. This happens in our area when the chert is really old. The piece looks to me like it has some over pass flakes on it like it may have been made in paleo time. this is my opinion and could be wrong.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Johnny I do find old points that are just about ready to turn back to dirt porous and starting to get holes . You are correct it’s the best Chert that chimes like China when you hit it softly .

That is an amazing find. Would look great displayed all by itself.
    Central Ohio

Comment

Maybe he had a big farm.😳

looks just like a hoe I have, minus the polish, plus about 1.5x magnification.

that thing is yoooooog.
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Cool piece for sure.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

That is a monster! I wonder how big the rock was that they made it from.
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Boy who knows it’s costal plain Chert I we find chunks here they took from

Comment

Holy Mackeral!

It's HUGE!

Very amazing.

A spade?
              California

Comment

It’s up in the air Tom kind of going with willjoe he is the Georgia go to .

Comment

That is a cool huge artifact. Looks To big to be a pre-form. Probably a hoe or some kind of digger in guessing. maybe even a Dinner plate😜. But I’m wondering if it was possibly a ceremonial wealth blade. Some of the Far Western people’s made em. See no reason why maybe they might have of made a few out that way.

Comment

If we knew what points were found in the same area it would help narrow it down as to what period it’s from
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                    X