No announcement yet.

Fired clay tools ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just gotta ask. what is up with this comment??? "Yes there is Roman sizes. 8 inch is the longest. Next is 9 5/8. I did look on this site also. The size I have doesn't match up to any. That is why I am confused. Hoss wrote I just looked at your pictures again the biggest piece you are showing looks to be around four inches.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Krrocks17
      Krrocks17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoss the big piece that I showed is a little over 8 1/2 inches long. By about 4 inches wide. Not sure of height because of it is broken out. It has a circular indent about 2 1/4 round and tappers off to about 1/2 inch deep on the flat side

• Krrocks17
      Krrocks17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ochre is a common feature at Middle Stone Age (MSA) sites and has often been interpreted as a proxy for the origin of modern behaviour. However, few ochre processing tools, ochre containers, and ochre-stained artefacts from MSA contexts have been studied in detail within a theoretical framework aimed at inferring the technical steps involved in the acquisition, production and use of these artefacts. Here we analyse 21 ochre processing tools, i.e. upper and lower grindstones, and two ochre-stained artefacts from the MSA layers of Porc-Epic Cave, Dire Dawa, Ethiopia, dated to ca. 40 cal kyr BP. These tools, and a large proportion of the 4213 ochre fragments found at the site, were concentrated in an area devoted to ochre processing. Lower grindstones are made of a variety of raw materials, some of which are not locally available. Traces of use indicate that different techniques were employed to process ochre. Optical microscopy, XRD, μ-Raman spectroscopy, and SEM-EDS analyses of residues preserved on worn areas of artefacts show that different types of ferruginous rocks were processed in order to produce ochre powder of different coarseness and shades. A round stone bearing no traces of having been used to process ochre is half covered with residues as if it had been dipped in a liquid ochered medium to paint the object or to use it as a stamp to apply pigment to a soft material. We argue that the ochre reduction sequences identified at Porc-Epic Cave reflect a high degree of behavioural complexity, and represent ochre use, which was probably devoted to a variety of functions.

Ok I'm all set got info I needed. When I posted this I thought it could be clay pieces. You all have your opinion. No I am not convinced they are artifacts. I did ask about what I found with a ?. Ok it's broken bricks lets move on thank you.

Comment

ARe you talking about this broken brick? Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	305588 This one that is taken in poor lighting? This Brick? Click image for larger version

Views:	87
ID:	305589 The Brick right here that is broken and has nothing in the photo for scale? I mean this Brick. This Brick right here. Not the Ochre from you link but this actual broken broick you shared a lousy poorly lit picture with nothing for scale. The brick above these words Oh and I added another picture of the brick below just in case you missed the pictures above. Click image for larger version

Views:	122
ID:	305590 I just want to be clear that we are talking about the same brick?? You did say we were moving on but then came back to dispute any advice that has been offered.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Krrocks17
        Krrocks17 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was only answering you. No worries.

Is this a picture of the same broken brick? This picture of the broken brick with poor lighting and nothing for scale? Is this the same brick as the other picture of a brick? Click image for larger version

Views:	115
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	305592 Because in this picture it looks like the broken brick has a flat surface.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	larry-storch-01.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	305607

Comment

Working...
        X