No announcement yet.

Let this be a lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to see that, but it will make an awesome story if you find it again. I will share a personal story similar to yours. It was a hot summer day and I was hunting and found a thebes drill nearly complete and a Cobden chert Hopewell point. I usely wear long sleeve fishing shirts with Velcro pockets. Before I got back I had ran out of water and about melted down. when I got home I took a shower and when I went to my car I couldn't find either point. I finally found the Hopewell in my floorboard and didn't find the drill. I had been walking with a GPS and thought I would retrace my steps, I went back out and walked my recorded tracks. I didn't find the drill but I found a killer little beaverlake that I missed first trip out. I quickly got over the drill and proved to myself how easy it is to miss points. At least when you are walking there you will be in minority looking for a specific point and not just A point.

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
      lukecreekwalker commented
      Editing a comment
      Long hot days definitely make you loopy. I know it fell right through and I was so tired I didn’t even notice it. I generally go 1 hr per mile and this was hr 7. I did as you did and retraced every step but I only stopped to rest one time after I found it and I checked both locations thoroughly as I retraced my steps. Definitely will be more careful. I’m closing in on 100 points found and this was the one and only careless loss

You found it once...you'll find it again. You are a finder.
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Ok I am going to be a ray of sunshine here ☀️I looked at the date of your two posts . I think my man you were very well rewarded by that set of kirks from the Hell Mary creek .
      Hey I got home and was looking for a point I know I left it in the rent a car .

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
        lukecreekwalker commented
        Editing a comment
        I went again Sunday and tried to locate it. It’s hiding for now but if I ever see it again it will make for a cool story
    Working...
    X