• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	0595038D-31EE-47F5-AAF7-7FBCA5A38F26.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	388549 I guess mine has a little green tint to it yours looks to have more brown in it. Found both of these in creeks so probably has stain. Both Georgia on private property. Click image for larger version

Name:	4ACC791A-9010-4A25-BBAA-91E59A05FC03.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	388548
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Diabase has mineral Olivine in it. Higher % of Olivine tints green. Grains turn brown when exposed air long time. Rock Lesson of the Day....

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cecelia...making it worth the monthly dues, folks. That’s information you can’t just get anywhere...
      👍👍thank you.

• WindWalker
      WindWalker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing.

Name:	95E131C7-AFF9-4956-A206-54230C920659.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	388553 Click image for larger version

Name:	4F900868-B538-43AF-B87A-ECC9A9A6874E.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	388552 Next one these are my best ones I have others but broken Click image for larger version

Name:	6887EFDC-38F6-4988-9158-D7F49C563ECB.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	388551
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Please remember, as I ask of you all, when find perfect specimen, send pitiful broke stuff to me. Thanking you in advance, I am..........Artifactless Cecilia

Unfreaking real.
    Make sure to give it a hug every now and then.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post
      Mine is the same color and looks like the same Celt as in design and craftsmanship. Found mine in Georgia it’s a early Woodland poll Celt
      Nowhere even remotely close to quality or craftsmanship.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Why are you trolling me anyway Okie?

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        I do! But y’all so much more entertaining! Still, rock people not so hard to understand as humorless fossil people...

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        At least you got unpolished Celt; I don’ gotta Celt, unpolished/polished, field-grade/musuem quality, not even imaginary! ....I’m pitiful, especially considering I sharpen my wit & tongue every day on abrasive whetstone in effort to stand toe-to-toe with you with the biggest Celt ever seen! 😘
        Last edited by Cecilia; 09-03-2019, 11:30 AM.

It’s a real beauty, and I have one almost identical to it. I think the diorite/dolostone is what it actually is.
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Diorite (“Dolostone” unaccepted name by American Inst. Geology) is very coarse-grained, very hard to work with. Dolerite (aka Diabase) finer grained, probably what your Celt is.

Think of me as female cross of Painshill and Okie (only artifactless!). Rude Dudette PainNbutt? Offensive class clown w/highest grades and no artifacts!?

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll take that! You sound waaaaay smarter than me.😇Mine looks to be the same makeup as his, only smoother, and I would guess it’s smoother because we don’t get the harsh winters down here...and the back of mine is squared off. So much so that it will stand on end.

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Not smarter, for sure (who has the artifacts?!), just chockfull bits ‘n pieces arcane info, gathered during not-short, nerd life. And, wow, the off-the-wall stuff that’s fallen outta atrophied brain...!

I have to admit mine aren’t as nice as the original Celt. Hard to beat the one posted. Probably one of the finest ones I have ever seen with the polish it displays. Mine were creek finds so they can’t match up to yours. I’d like to see some of your others you have found.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• WindWalker
        WindWalker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the compliment . It is special for sure and I have been fortune of find a number of outstanding pieces ( to me anyways ). I am up at the cottage, but I did bring a second one with me to show an old timer up here that I met last month. I will post it later tonight if possible under a new heading .

Name:	D187AA9D-05A3-4ED4-A269-0C045851485B.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	388593 Wow! That’s definitely a high quality beautiful Celt ya have there! My best celt stays on my night stand with a few of my favorite points. I always pick them up and admire the workmanship that was put into crafting these stones. I guess you could say that I am fascinated by artifacts lol! Here’s a pic of my favorite Celt. Click image for larger version

Name:	0F0CEFE5-69FC-4A51-AA4B-50864B6B235B.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	388592
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• WindWalker
        WindWalker commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly as I do...well loved for many years

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Tamifact!

[See comment, Jethro’s Celt, below]

This is in the small collection of stuff that everyone in my family knows to get out in case of fire...
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I have about a dozen whole ones. All found in the same field.

WindWalker, I’m actually planning on a large gun safe, one with a two hour rating, and that should solve my problems.😇

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s awesome you have found that many whole ones. I’ve got a half one and some end pieces but only the 2 whole ones

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely gorgeous. In Newbie Glossary, painshill defines a ”Pamefact” as a rock of breathtaking beauty (my paraphrase), but since this not a rock, am adding to Glossary w/ “Tamifact”: an artifact of breathtaking beauty.

You have a Tamifact!

Here is the story on my 2nd Celt. I was looking for old bottles in a creek and saw a flash so I reached down in the creek and it felt smooth to the touch no sharp glass. So I wiggled my fingers around it cause it was stuck in mud. Pulled it out and about fainted when I saw it was a Celt 😀 never did find any bottles that day
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet you didn’t care at all about bottles after that, did you!

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a insitu of it but had a different phone back then. If you guys know Cisco Jack from Ology he saw my excitement that day by my pics I sent him. I go back to that spot hoping to find another but nothing yet.

They’re beautiful. And on my wish list!!!! Never have found one.

Comment

You could definitely stay clean shaven with that thing at camp, beautiful!

Comment

Magnificent find. Incredible craftsmanship.

Comment

Working...
          X