No announcement yet.

50+ years of Hardins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, thanks willjo for the pic. That is really different than my local type, a narrow waist, hardin notching and almost looks dovetail base curve..Super neat point. I look at all the different base styles I have and wonder if there is a change in style over their 25 hundred year run or if it's the maker style. I have found 2 on the same site the same year only about 40 yrds apart and the bases are not the same style. Will never know but curious. Thanks and that is a very nice point and I'll bet it was large when new. At least you have some color which ours lack.
    Last edited by oldrocks2; 10-25-2019, 09:39 PM. Reason: spellen
    SE IA

Comment

Another amazinf case on arrowheads.com. thank you for sharing
      New Jersey

Comment

Nice assemblage of Hardins! Thanks for sharing!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Congrats on half a century of one extraordinary collection. The flared barbs and bases are beautiful. One can only imagine spears hafted to them. Super deadly weapons.
          Last edited by Whippoorwill; 10-29-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Hardins are awesome points. In NE Indiana we occasionally get something that looks like a Hardin/Dovetail hybrid (the Hardove), but I have never found a classic Hardin like yours.

The good old days were good. (And old timers back in my good old days talked about how good their old days were...)
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• oldrocks2
              oldrocks2 commented
              Editing a comment
              The 60s and 70s were really great. 50+sites in 3 states to hunt with no footprints and deep plowing some on new ground and some only 3 or 4 yrs opened. I can only dream what it was like in the good old days before my good old days. Dad saw my collection once and said "found one like that when I was a kid only twice as long" (It was a 5" dalton) I ask him what he did with it and he said. " We bound it to a limb with barbed wire and tried sticking it in watermellons" O my, if only.
              Last edited by oldrocks2; 10-31-2019, 02:15 PM.

My o my o my! I get just such pleasure from seeing yall’s collections!
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
            X