Your favorite music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kentucky point View Post
    I thought it'd be cool to post a few of my favorite songs. (Don't worry, it's good stuff.) Y'all can post your favorites too. And dare I say, it will be a judgement free zone. If you like Ariana Grande stuff, Iron Unicorn stuff, or Andre Reiu stuff, that's your thing.

Here's my thing. :-)

This one will kick it off. This should bring back some memories for ya!
    Ok have to say awesome topic my go to song top of list today is 3 Doors Down
    Kriptonite my channel on you tube is Journey Love my music ranges but Ac/Dc, Pink Floyd , ECT grrrreat Music has helped me on my journey keep listening try- To by Mac he's good😁Hank Williams Jr. 😁 going back to sleep nite nite

Comment

The Doors, and If I knew how to capture and post one of their songs here I would.

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Saw them live in Providence in the 60's. Might have been 67. Unknown to me, my future bride was in the same crowd of about 50 people, including me, who suddenly crashed the gate. Meehan Auditorium, Brown University. They played "Light my Fire" for a good 20 minutes, if not longer. Memorable to say the least.

Comment

Here you go Dave

Comment

• Dave NWOH
          Dave NWOH commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I appreciate that.

Wednesday has arrived: tunes for the 'hump'

No More You and Me

someone told my story

And Your Bird Can Sing

You're Cheatin' Heart

Heartaches by the Number

Nothing was delivered.

Last edited by Olden; 02-27-2019, 08:33 AM.
        If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• pkfrey
          pkfrey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, This was when country music was country music! No goofy straw cowboy hats, dirty teeshirts, ripped up jeans, and sneakers. Country music just ain't the same without Merle, Willie, Waylon, Ray, Hank, and all of the best are all gone now. But their music lives on!!

lHump day continues, thank you, Don....

The Partisan, concerning the French Resistance in WWII. Vive la resistance!

Featured here is Javier Mas, playing the archilaud, an instrument invented around 1600, here played by a master....

In this piece about Joan of Arc, the female vocalist represents Joan, and Cohen represents the fire that consumed here at the stake. So the poem/tune is a dialogue between Joan of Arc and the fire that took her life. Cohen is the groom, Joan is the bride. As spoken in one line "she clearly understood, if he were fire, she must be wood". Again, few of Cohen's songs did not include female vocalists, and he sure knew how to pick 'em....

Same tune, with Jennifer Warnes:

Hypnotic and beautiful, IMHO. And so many references to Babylon in Cohen's music....

Last edited by CMD; 02-27-2019, 11:46 AM.
        Rhode Island

Comment

I can’t find it but Fleetwood Mac did something with some Irish violinist dancing away .
          Man his drums and that song and dance .. I was just awestruck .

Comment

To put a little cap on this and touch point with Ethan I asked some younger people about their music . I said you guys really don’t have any like we did . They all agree that the older music weather in a remake was the way to go . I am not talking hard rock Metallica stuff although I do love Zeplin .
            But the 60’s through the 70’d stuff where people used real instruments and sang .

Comment

Let’s not forget Kurt

Comment

Van Morrison
                SW Connecticut

Comment

• Tam
                  Tam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok Red this will date me . My GF helped on Jimmy Hendrix shows and would drag me along . We even did the light on him one night . Did not have a clue what we were doing but the lighting guy took off and said here . WAIT WHAT

Comment

• redrocks
                  redrocks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow Jimi Hendrix...you helped on the best guitarist of all time!!!! Now I want your autograph. ...wow Tam

Originally posted by redrocks View Post
                Van Morrison

Added 3/2, Moondance Live. Thanks for bringing Van Morrison up, Red.

Last edited by CMD; 03-03-2019, 11:12 PM.
                Rhode Island

Comment

• CMD
                  CMD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Always loved his stuff, and his voice. No mistaking that voice for anyone else's!

• redrocks
                  redrocks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BTW Charlie I saw LED Zeppelin .. in1968 at Yale Bowl in New Haven CT. Here. Ticket was 2.50.haha. And they had an unknown band from England open up for them. YES.

• CMD
                  CMD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, must have been great. I loved Owner of a Lonely Heart. I saw Steely Dan when they must have been starting out. Gonna post a couple from them. We're showing our age, lol....

And I was in the audience for this performance. Summer of 65, Newport Folk Festival. Bob Dylan goes electric for the first time. My cousin and I didn't understand the boos. I loved Dylan the folk singer. But I liked this Dylan too, and Like a Rolling Stone was a huge hit. Some say the boos were because he went electric. The guitar went for big bucks a few years ago. Some say the boos were for a poor sound system. It's usually singled out as the most important moment in the development of rock and roll music. Well, we didn't know that then, but hey, I was there!

Here's what happened 50 years ago, when the folk music legend turned rock

Last edited by CMD; 02-28-2019, 11:01 PM.
                Rhode Island

Comment

Mercedes BenzJanis Joplin1970Paroles et traduction de Mercedes BenzMercedes Benz (Mercedes Benz)Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?Oh Seigneur, tu vo...
                  Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Mercedes BenzJanis Joplin1970Paroles et traduction de Mercedes BenzMercedes Benz (Mercedes Benz)Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?Oh Seigneur, tu vo...
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                    X