No announcement yet.

Clovis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a person that would know but sure is a good find Benji your making it awful hard for me staying home with this heat. Congratulations on another really good find.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks surface....i got out Saturday for a bit around 230....it was so hot, i looked maybe 30 minutes and then went home.....i decided sunday, i would go earlier and beat the heat

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got a load of wood to take off and other than that I'm doing nothing today

I’m not going to make a call on the rock, I wasn’t going to even log in this morning . I thought I’d just glimpse through the posts. But I saw your story stone. Just about cut my bottom lip off shaving. Your story stone is both exciting, and disturbing ! So, the person who manufactured the stone lived in a very harsh environment . There were creatures we will only see as bones. Mammoths, cats, wolves , short faced bears, lions, sloths, horses and camels, just to name a few. There were no broken paths, no campsites to use and reuse. It’s was cold for the most part, water and more water and ice. They were both hunters and hunted ! All these things before some sort of cataclysmic event in which all of the environment changed, and quickly. So, as I’m trying to stop the bleeding, I’m just going to simply say, it is a Story Stone !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang lindenmeier...you painted a really nice picture with those words....hard to imagine what it was like thousands of years ago....hope that lip is alright....i appreciate your input

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Gosh, I love where your mind goes LinnyMan! I do the same all the time, and only got one arrowhead! Guess look at too many books...

Hi Benji. I just saw this thread. Sorry I missed it yesterday. A super find. From what I see and your photos are very good, I am calling it a Clovis.

Comment

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate it sailorjoe....i know your from the area and i am always interested in your input

Congratulations on the find now how are you going to top that?
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      Idk surface.....only time will tell....you never know whats out there waiting to be discovered

That's spectacular Bennie congrats man!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

That's spectacular Bennie congrats man! Sure looks Clovis!!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you redrocks

Congrats benji.....keep um coming Clovis boy!
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe he will like that nickname better than Flops lol

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks north...clovis boy huh? Idk...i liked flops, in fact, got a pair on right now surface

Congrats on an epic find Benji!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sugaree

If i would of found that, not sure if that would of been without a smile on this face for a couple days. And Lind Man's thoughts are why we dream over creative works of tools like that. Thanks for showing that!

Comment

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome....had to share this find with all my friends on here.

Congrats Benji, sorry I missed this post. Saw it yesterday in Find of the month voting thread and came looking for it.. I should have just gone to the entry thread and clicked the link I suppose lol. My internet has been messed up couple months phone company finally came to actually check the issues..I just got brand new internet lines coming to the house, glad I can now actually check the weather in the morning before getting booted off but more glad I got to see your Clovis!! Awesome!

Comment

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks glacial...glad you were able to get your issues resolved....we pay good money for the service, doesnt make since to have to wait that long...thanks for the congrats

I saw this when I clicked “new topics” and my first thought was Benji found ANOTHER one??
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope...this only the first one jethro, but you never know what's waiting out there to be found...ive walked the same area before, this is the first find ive had at that location and a good one ....needless to say, ive been back several times already, no luck but you never know
    Working...
    X