Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTex
    commented on 's reply
    I have not found any site that I would identify as a campsite yet, but I over the last year or so I have found several hundred worked pieces in an area that is about 500 yards long and 50 yards wide. I have not been able to put my finger on why there is so much in that particular area.

• Bulldog82
    commented on 's reply
    Cool. Thanks for the info. Have you be able to locate a campsite in the hill country? The location where I found the broken arrowheads and flint chips is pretty thick with cedar and post oak but there is what I believe to be a potential spring that has been dried up for along time. Could just be a runoff when it rains and maybe nothing at all. I just find it a coincidence that the pieces are 20 yards from that particular spot.

• Bulldog82
    replied
    Thank y’all for the welcome.

Leave a comment:

• scwalker
    replied
    Welcome from South Carolina

Leave a comment:

• CTex
    replied
    The "white" rock is definitely an artifact and the white you are seeing is the patina. Underneath it is probably a similar color to the other items you found. It could have been a utilized tool, or just a preform. Two of the bases look like a type called a Frio, which would fit well with you proximity to the Frio River.

Welcome and congrats on the finds!!!

Leave a comment:

• JoshinMO
    replied
    Welcome to The Forum Bulldog82 and nice Introduction.

Leave a comment:

• gregszybala
    replied
    Welcome
    Well you definitely found them! Congratulations.
    Lots of great advice in this section of the forum, take a little time and read through some of the previous posts.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	201FC072-2AC1-4059-8393-3181E0EFA55B.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	362012 Here are some pictures of my finds. The big white rock I don’t know what it is exactly but it looks like it was worked on. I didn’t find that piece where I found the broken arrowhead pieces. That was about 5 feet from the house which is about 300-400 yards away from the broken arrowheads location. Also I included a picture of what I believe to be flint chips that was found at the same location of the broken arrowhead pieces.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    started a topic Newbie Arrowhead Hunter from Texas

Newbie Arrowhead Hunter from Texas

Good evening,

I have been fascinated with finding arrowheads since I was a little kid only to have never found anything. My family owns a small piece of property outside of Camp Wood, TX which resides on the Edwards Plateau. I’ve read about Indian history of the area and knew I could potentially find some hidden artifacts. Well I’m excited to say that I have finally found what I believe to be my first arrowhead and then some. A total of five broken pieces all within 10-15 feet from each other. I’m absolutely thrilled with what I have found and I’m hooked. I want to learn more so I can hopefully find more. Everything I have read or people I’ve talked too has said for each piece to be so close together a potential campsite could be close by. I don’t know this for sure but at this particular location where these pieces were found it looks like a dried creek bed or use to be a natural spring. I’ve always thought it to be a place where water would collect or runoff when it would rain and that maybe true but my mind keeps going back to it as a possibility. So after saying all of this I am looking for any tips and advice to help me figure this area out. Thanks.
Working...
X