Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldog82
    commented on 's reply
    Well hopefully I can figure out something. The property my family owns is 25 acres basically on top of a hill. Kinda half flat with gradual slopes on the front and sides of the property but sloping aggressive upward towards the back of the property. For six years I’ve been looking for arrowheads and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked through the area I had found these at. We had a small shower from this past front and I just so happen to see them.

• CTex
    commented on 's reply
    I have not found any site that I would identify as a campsite yet, but I over the last year or so I have found several hundred worked pieces in an area that is about 500 yards long and 50 yards wide. I have not been able to put my finger on why there is so much in that particular area.

• Bulldog82
    commented on 's reply
    Cool. Thanks for the info. Have you be able to locate a campsite in the hill country? The location where I found the broken arrowheads and flint chips is pretty thick with cedar and post oak but there is what I believe to be a potential spring that has been dried up for along time. Could just be a runoff when it rains and maybe nothing at all. I just find it a coincidence that the pieces are 20 yards from that particular spot.

• Bulldog82
    replied
    Thank y’all for the welcome.

Leave a comment:

• scwalker
    replied
    Welcome from South Carolina

Leave a comment:

• CTex
    replied
    The "white" rock is definitely an artifact and the white you are seeing is the patina. Underneath it is probably a similar color to the other items you found. It could have been a utilized tool, or just a preform. Two of the bases look like a type called a Frio, which would fit well with you proximity to the Frio River.

Welcome and congrats on the finds!!!

Leave a comment:

• JoshinMO
    replied
    Welcome to The Forum Bulldog82 and nice Introduction.

Leave a comment:

• gregszybala
    replied
    Welcome
    Well you definitely found them! Congratulations.
    Lots of great advice in this section of the forum, take a little time and read through some of the previous posts.

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog82
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	201FC072-2AC1-4059-8393-3181E0EFA55B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	362012 Here are some pictures of my finds. The big white rock I don’t know what it is exactly but it looks like it was worked on. I didn’t find that piece where I found the broken arrowhead pieces. That was about 5 feet from the house which is about 300-400 yards away from the broken arrowheads location. Also I included a picture of what I believe to be flint chips that was found at the same location of the broken arrowhead pieces.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X