Metal arrowheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jatone90 wrote:

I have a White's Prizm 3. Any suggestions on settings etc?
      Depends on what you want to detect. For metal arrowheads, I will set for the maximum gain (depth) and no discrimination (I want to pick up all metal). One thing to remember is the coil acts like a cone when it comes to depth. At the surface you cover the whole coil but say six inches down you are only covering half that and twelve inches down its about the size of a quarter,so go slow and make smaller sweeps.
    I hope this helps. good hunting.
    Chase
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

chase wrote:

yes,that is correct. where did we meet
        We visited for a while at the SAF.
      11KBP

Comment

[QUOTE]11KBP wrote:

Originally posted by chase post=28934
        11KBP
          Yes I remember I still do not have what My dad has but closes

Comment

[QUOTE]chase wrote:

[quote=11KBP post=28944]
          Originally posted by chase post=28934
          11KBP
            Yes I remember I still do not have what My dad has but closes
            LOL, that may be true but you will probably pass dad up because you learned the important things at a younger age.
          I always enjoy seeing what you guys find in Colorado so good luck and keep us posted.
          11KBP

Comment

metal men what the heck is this?howdo u id things u find metal detecting

Comment

GAdave wrote:

metal men what the heck is this?howdo u id things u find metal detecting
                Dave, there is a lot of factors in finding out what that is. Like where was it found? That should narrow down the age. It looks like it was hinged but would need to see the back to be for sure. If it is a trade item than there are books on those items as well. I have not seen this item before or I would be gunning for it. I have an item that was turned into a scraper and did not have clue as to what it was, then I went to a museum in Moline Il. and saw a trap, and it was apart of the jaws they used. This is pretty straight forward piece and should be able to track down. Just need some reference to age.

Comment

Not sure what it is but its cool! Brass? Bronze? Maybe a shot of the backside.

Comment

Working...
                X