• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the compliment.

• Tam
    replied
    Bruce , just an amazing collection . Like I said I had a cousin that collected but there is nothing as special , rewarding as personal finds ... just wonderful .

Leave a comment:

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome

• Jethro355
    replied
    Maybe a couple. 😜

I have rapelled off off this one and some more nearby, way back before the government became so protective of me.
    its a sold 200" to the ground...

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure why so bad here, but simply the worst ever by my estimation. That huge wind storm that knocked out power for a week(but we lucked out this time, yay!) did not help. 81 mph gusts here, and lots of trees down, and it takes all the leaves too. But just no color other then brown this year....

• 2ndoldman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
    I'm going to piggyback on your thread and not start a new one...fall colors in the ozarks are usually spectacular. This year they are hit and miss, the lack of rain in some areas late in he summer really muted the colors, but it's still beautiful.
    You can piggyback on my threads any time Jason.
    I have just got to ask though. How many times have you dangled your legs over the edge. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_33962.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	270991

Leave a comment:

• Jethro355
    replied
    I'm going to piggyback on your thread and not start a new one...fall colors in the ozarks are usually spectacular. This year they are hit and miss, the lack of rain in some areas late in he summer really muted the colors, but it's still beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• 2ndoldman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tam View Post
    I think you need to buy a coin collection book . I have had them since I was a kid
    Tamara, this is how I currently display my coin finds. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171103_092631.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	270786

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    replied
    I think you need to buy a coin collection book . I have had them since I was a kid

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    replied
    Man Bruce what haul ! Love all the coins . I cannot believe those colors you found so beautiful . Can’t wait to get to
    Georgia for some fall colors .
    Wonderful walkabout 😁

Leave a comment:

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your family home Jason. I hope that no one was hurt in the fire.

• Jethro355
    replied
    I wish, Bruce.

I had undreds, maybe thousands of silver coins in my parent’s house when it burned. Almost all of them melted into a giant lump.
    My Mom was a postmaster in a small rural town, and when people would spend silver coins, she would buy them out of her drawer and bring them home to me.
    some of the only ones that weren’t melted were in a small safe I had left there. There were 150 silver dollars that my Grandfather gave her when she told him she was pregnant with me, it was to be used to buy me a crib, 😊

Leave a comment:

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    You wouldn't have a spare jar of coins sitting around by any chance???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

• Jethro355
    replied
    You just need to find a jar full of them, and you’ll be set.

Leave a comment:

• 2ndoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Jason. This is the best time of the year for me. The ground is damp thereby giving better signal response.
    I am trying to break the 200 silver coin mark again this year but it is getting harder.
Working...
X