No announcement yet.

Lets see some dog pictures..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now how in the heck did you manage to sneak up that close to some of the best ears/eyes/ and nose in the wild
    with out it busting you, and do you want to go yote hunting with me lol

Comment

sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:

now how in the heck did you manage to sneak up that close to some of the best ears/eyes/ and nose in the wild
      with out it busting you, and do you want to go yote hunting with me lol
        It was caught in a trap, that made it a little easier to sneak up on him. If anyone wants to know why I didn't set if free there's two reasons. First one being that I didn't want to get my armed chewed off. Second reason, those traps were put out by the government. It's some sort of predator control thing they do from time to time. They leave plenty of signs around saying you will go straight to jail if you mess with the traps.

Comment

Love seeing people's dogs.   Here's mine.  Sally.  She is a  German Shorthaired Pointer.  Guess that's obvious.  She goes everywhere I go.

South Dakota

Comment

She's a beauty SD.!
          I had a good friend whose Shorthaired rode everywhere with him on the back of his Honda Goldwing
          If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

SD, Great looking dog u have there..Hey, nobody in my area has a English pointer but i want to mate mine and was thinking about mating him with a GSP. both dogs are proven bird dogs with papers what do you think about me doing this? Think a English pointer and GSP would make good bird dog puppies?
            My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

hvs wrote:

SD, Great looking dog u have there..Hey, nobody in my area has a English pointer but i want to mate mine and was thinking about mating him with a GSP. both dogs are proven bird dogs with papers what do you think about me doing this? Think a English pointer and GSP would make good bird dog puppies?
                They absolutely would make good bird dogs.  At one time,  the English pointer was crossed with GSP to give the GSP more endurance.  The opposite might be a plus as well.  It isn't that you will lose endurance, as much as you may slow them up a little.  That's a plus for me.  The GSP has a little more hair,  so you may increase the cold tolerance a little.  Also,  the GSP  is a breed listed in NAVDA.  North Amer.  Versatile Dog Assoc.  Not that any breed can't hunt everything,  but they've been bred for waterfowl,  upland bird,  and fur hunting if desired.  I don't believe I have seen a cross around here like that,  but I would think it would be a good one.  The only problem,
              is that you would have to decide whether to dock the tail or not.     :unsure:     Gary
              South Dakota

Comment

Gawd if I have to. I guess its getting that time of year.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I was hunting pheasant one day.  I was very lucky that day and was able to take two nice cock birds on the wing. That is the limit in CT.  I was walking an old dirt road and  I hear a shotgun blast just over the rise from me. I stop and listen to see if I can hear someone cambering another round or just see if I can hear anything at all. Was I safe this was close and I could not see him so he could not see me. I pretty much froze in my steps.  I am looking down this dirt road and I see this pheasant   flying straight up the dirt road straight at me full bore straight at my head. . I could not shoot it as I had my limit. I flailed my arms and it abruptly turned and flew into the bush. Next the strangest thing I have ever seen happened. A Rottwieler comes running  up the road full b steam ahead and I just stood and pointed into the bush and that rotty just ran in there and got the Phesant . I never saw anything like it. Rotty's don't see well at all so it just amazed me the bird was hit by the hunter who owned the dog just wounded so it flew away.  I go dude a Rotty? The guy says . "He is not a hunting dog but he likes play  to fetch so I bring him along" LOL
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

chase, that is hilarious  :rolf:

Comment

Thanks SD, im really going to consider this thanks for your opinion..Ron
                      My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

My bird dog must have thought he died and went to doggy heaven when he visited the ocean for the first time this past week.. To bad there isnt a hunting season on seagulls..lol

Comment

Since we are in the season I will add this.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

He's so old hmy: but acts like a puppy!

http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Her name is Snoop

Comment

Did I mention he's a "mutt"!   Heinz 57 :rolf:
                                B)
                                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                                X