Final four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lukecreekwalker wrote:

Josh I hate UK basketball.  Only because they are so dominant.  I thought Notre Dame might give them fits but Wisconsin is not going to.  They are too slow in my opinion.  I follow UNC and WVU.  I like UNC because of Jordan of course.  Also like the UNC/Duke rivalry.  I'm not sure how everyone outside of WV thinks of Bob Huggins but I like him a lot.  I think he is an actual person and not a robot pleasing the media.  He tells you what he thinks and doesn't sugar coat it.  Plus he looks like he could be your neighbor haha.  I can trust a guy like that.  I also really like Charles Barkley's analysis and Bobby Knight.  Honesty is a rare thing on TV these days.
      I followed Joe Mazzulla's career at WVU, because he was from RI. Liked the relationship that developed between Mazzulla and Huggins. They had a great run. Loved the game where Mazzulla led them over Duke in the NCAA Tournament. Think it was 2011.
    Rhode Island

Comment

Yep.  That Kentucky team was absolutely loaded.  I had a couple classes with Joe.  He wasn't ever in them but I saw him during test days.  You all had a player named God Shamgod.  Not sure if he changed his name to this or what but I liked him.  Didnt pan out in the NBA though
      Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Joe Mazzulla is an assistant coach in WV, forget which college.
        God Shammgod Wells is the player. God Shammgod had a move, the Shammgod, named for him. Taught it to Kobe, Chris Paul uses it. Shammgod still regarded by those guys and many pros as having the best handle ever. Pretty amazing compliment. Shammgod has been an unpaid undergraduate assistant the last few years. Worked out guards Bryce Cotton and Kris Dunn. Just got his degree this year. He led PC to Elite 8 in 1997. He's a treasure. Heres an update, recent NY Times piece on God Shammgod:
        Shammgod, who led the Friars to the round of 8 in 1997, is now an undergraduate assistant for the team and on track to graduate in May, 20 years after he first enrolled.

Best handle ever? Tell you what. He's a legend, any program that has Shammgod working out and training it's guards is a step up on many. I hope PC can hire him, if one of the assistants moves on. He played in China for awhile. A great teacher, great recruiting pitch since he is still a legend.....
        Rhode Island

Comment

Ex pros concur: God Shammgod best ball handler ever:
          NBA legends discuss which player had the best handles of all time.

The Shammgod move:
          Basketball Clinic - ShammgodMove invented by American God Shammgod (born April 29, 1976, New York City)

And Shammgod himself, showing why he was so good:
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Rhode Island

Comment

lukecreekwalker wrote:

Josh I hate UK basketball.  Only because they are so dominant.  I thought Notre Dame might give them fits but Wisconsin is not going to.  They are too slow in my opinion.  I follow UNC and WVU.  I like UNC because of Jordan of course.  Also like the UNC/Duke rivalry.  I'm not sure how everyone outside of WV thinks of Bob Huggins but I like him a lot.  I think he is an actual person and not a robot pleasing the media.  He tells you what he thinks and doesn't sugar coat it.  Plus he looks like he could be your neighbor haha.  I can trust a guy like that.  I also really like Charles Barkley's analysis and Bobby Knight.  Honesty is a rare thing on TV these days.
               :rolf: That's ok Luke, we all have our likes and dislikes.  I'm a Kentucky fan thru and thru but I'm a fan of the game too. I like to give props were there due, and even though being a Kentucky fan means default  dislike of Duke and Louisville,  I'm still a coach K fan, and I'm grateful for the coaching  job Pitino did at UK. I think Huggins is a great coach. That's something you will find with lots of Kentucky fans  though, if your team plays there heart out in Rupp(win or lose), our fans will give you a standing ovation off the court. It drove me bonkers when West Virginia beat us in the elite eight in 2010, but WV came to play and the Cats didn't. That's just basketball though. I'm sure not all UK fans feel the way I do, but I know the vast majority of Kentucky fans just love the game. Rupp is one of the quietest arenas you could play in, why? Because the fans like watching the game, and watching the players grow and develop. Not saying other fans don't like there teams or the game, but it's just that Basketball is part of being a Kentuckian. Its a state that hasn't ever had much to root for, it gives us something to be proud of and it's runs deep. UK fans may be the most spoiled and demanding  but there also the most passionate.  But I'm not trying to sway anyone or put Kentucky on a pedestal of gold. All I know is its a great time to be a Kentucky fan and I'm going to enjoy it and remember it while it last.
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Never thought id have so much in common with you guys other than projectile points.  Pretty neat that we have some of the same interests.  Josh UK is down right scary good this year.  If they win I win the office bracket pool so I suppose I will root for them.  Now if they have to give back the title I am not giving back the money lol
              Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

lukecreekwalker wrote:

Never thought id have so much in common with you guys other than projectile points.  Pretty neat that we have some of the same interests.  Josh UK is down right scary good this year.  If they win I win the office bracket pool so I suppose I will root for them.  Now if they have to give back the title I am not giving back the money lol
                   :rolf: No worries, they don't vacate Championship's just final fours and regular season wins  :rolf:
                Ask. Jim Boheim  :rolf:
                Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

CMD I used to use that move playing at the rec in college all the time haha.  Coolest experience I ever had was playing against and guarding the just fresh off the Miami Heat Jason Williams in a summer league game.  He showed up and played against me and my friends and they destroyed us.  I was in awe though.  I was pretty decent up until I broke my wrist and had to have a bone graft from my hip and a screw placed in my wrist...after that my jump shot was ruined haha.  In college they held a dunk contest at the rec on a 9 foot rim that the wvu football players judged.  I beat out a 6'5 guy by going thru the legs and dunking it.  Won an autographed football by the whole team.  That was my shining moment..it was all downhill from there.  I hardly touch a basketball these days
                  Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Don't anybody try and figure out this post,  I'm testing a problem I'm having.
                    South Dakota

Comment

test
                      South Dakota

Comment

test test
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

test test
                          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yep, we enjoy the college game. Coach K. Well, tough not to admire the guy. But, I'm in Big East country, and my team is a BE team. As everyone knows, we quickly rose to the top of the hoops world under Dave Gavitt's leadership. 3 teams in the Final Four in 1985.
                            But, many would say the ACC is the best conference now, and many would say it was before there ever was a BE.
                            That can be debated. But, to my point. I don't like Coach K anymore. And the reason is because he and others developed a plan to destroy the BE Conference, to destroy this upstart Northeastern-centric conference. And to see to it that the ACC would emerge the victor and the league that basketball visionary Dave Gavitt dreamed of creating would burn to the ground. So, for this reason, not too fond of what Coach K did to basketball in the Northeast.
                            And here is how Coach K planned and achieved the destruction of the old and powerful Big East Conferance:

"Watching this in dismay and disappointment were Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski and athletic director Kevin White. Somehow, some way, ACC basketball had to regain its mojo.
                            The master plan, put together with velvet gloves and a soft touch, was simple. Find a way to strengthen the ACC, while weakening the Big East. And then sell it (publicly at least) as a football driven move."
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            My team can compete easier in the New Big East. But, I still cannot help but despise Coach K for his "master plan", for what he did. We had the strongest basketball league ever. Football did drive the demise, but as the above story suggests, it was a basketball coach that led the charge to destroy the Big East Conference. And look at the scene today. Coach K's plan worked to perfection. It was an all out war for survival and his conference won hands down.
                            Rhode Island

Comment

GO BIG 10!!
                              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:

GO BIG 10!!
                                  And why not, good league.....
                                Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                                X