No announcement yet.

Western Fires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad what you folks are dealing with and so ignored by much of the country.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by gregszybala View Post
      So sad what you folks are dealing with and so ignored by much of the country.
      So much happening at once this fire is headed into south lake Tahoe evacuations for all of south lake Tahoe a lot of summer homes lost overnight .

Comment

Originally posted by south fork View Post

So much happening at once this fire is headed into south lake Tahoe evacuations for all of south lake Tahoe a lot of summer homes lost overnight .
        Desolation Wilderness all burning. It's threatening a breach at Echo Summit, then on to Angora and Fallen Leaf lakes. Not looking good at all.

California

Comment

I was hoping I’d see a post saying it’s out now. We are getting flash floods again tomorrow. But I’d rather that than fire. I hope it ends for you soon
          NW Georgia,

Comment

191,000 acres and burning down into the lake Tahoe basin .

Comment

When this fire started about 17 days ago or so this view of the fire was off the south east corner of our place . Todays view from the north east side still burning North east 204,390 acres burned lots of homes and cabins around 600 so far . So every night this smoke plume swings around and fills the foothills and valley with smoke . From my barn that plume is giant but behind a lot of trees maybe 20,000 / 30,000 feet ​?
              Last edited by south fork; 09-01-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• smbore
                smbore commented
                Editing a comment
                Man i sure hope they can somehow get it under control.hope you and yours stays safe.

25 days now and still burning 998 Structures destroyed 217,946 Acres burned . This is just one of the fires burning in California .

Comment

I'm praying man!
                SW Connecticut

Comment

I’m sure sad to hear this Dennis. Tragic
                  South Dakota

Comment

My friend is still trying g to collect money from a Malibu fire 5 years ago . My brother lost everything he had to one of those canyon fires . He came home shirtless a pair of jeans and no shoes to Dads house .
                    I remember those fires as part of life out there and friends losing everything .
                    I will put you in my prayers to live through this without loss .
                    S Lake Tahoe I worry about the old growth forests . Those
                    redwoods that are 1000’s of years old . People can run .

Comment

Working...
                    X