Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone2stone
    replied
    Wow issues with input, some I never had many friends and now you guys are gone too.
    My biggest issue is , hours and hours of work edit and re-edit in my blog ......Gone and now no blog at all.
    Jess B.

Leave a comment:

• painshill
    replied
    Yes... I notice this as well, but I'm not sure if it's the renaming that does the trick or the fact that I closed the post before I renamed and then re-opened it.
    What I do know (and this was true before the upgrade) is that once a picture has been uploaded to the forum (even if not yet inserted in the post) then you can't replace that picture with anything else that has the same name. If you decide to re-size the picture and upload it again with the same name then it doesn't "over-write" the original. Not even if you delete it first. You have to use a new name because the server "remembers" the file you already used and keeps coming back to it. I wonder if the server is also "remembering" failed or corrupted uploads???
    Also a similar thing happens with identical text. If you simply posted the message "TEST" then you can't post that same message again on another thread (not even in a different section). You have to change it to "TEST2" or something. Again, that's not the result of the upgrade... it was always like that.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    tdy067.jpg does not load but in the above frame tdy051 loaded???
    change file name to td67 same picture and it loads?

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Ron try to rename the picture
    This one was called tdy067.jpg  it would not load I did not editnteh picture size one but but just renamed it td67.jgg

Leave a comment:

• CoachG
    replied
    We have mentors again?

Leave a comment:

• kreative
    replied
    Posted by [GarScale]:

Todays awesome Albany Knife
    Edit...pics still wont post. they load and insert but are gone when the reply posts.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Chase a question we want to know all known issues so can every member post in news? Or just Mods and Mentors?

Leave a comment:

• painshill
    replied
    The following comments relate to high spec laptops (2 different machines) running either Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 10 or Windows 7 with Explorer 9… makes no difference which… and with me logged in as Moderator.
    SPLASH PAGE (the arrowheads.com opening page)
    In the orange section at the bottom, the following links don’t work:
    - Home
    - Ethics
    - Sponsors
    I also see an “Edit Module” icon that leads to a log-in dialogue but presume that’s for Administrators only. It doesn’t work for me and I assume it’s not intended to.
    PROFILES
    All profile information has been wiped and most folks seem not to realise they will need to re-create it (if it isn’t going to be recovered, and assuming the “edit profile” button works for them. It works for me).
    The section for “about me” information no longer exists and the new “personal text” box is limited to 50 characters (ie not enough to insert such details, if that’s what it’s intended for).
    Albums no longer exist (so all previous pictures/comments have been lost)
    The “comments” section no longer exists (so all previous information has been lost)
    “Friends” have been deleted and new friends cannot be created. Also the mapping feature for friends no longer exists.
    ARTIFACT RESOURCES (what used to be the “Orange Tab”)
    The link to the forum rules is no longer present.
    The following links don’t work:
    - Discoidals, Gamestones -and- Circle rollers
    - Pipes -and- Smoking Instruments
    - Stone ornaments; Gorgets -and- Pendants 
    - Advice for New collector/investors (links to wrong article)
    - Plummets, Picks, Bars, Cones, etc.
    - The Birdstone Enigma
    - Primitive Vessels of clay
    - Tools of antiquity; Axes, Celts -and- Hammers (and also tries to link to wrong article)
    - Ageing flint is counterfeiting
    Also, I now see that I have submission and editing rights for these articles, except where they have been uploaded as pdf files. I have the ability to change index titles too and (although there is a message that says the order of listing has to be changed from the “back-end”, it looks as if I actually have the ability to do that too… although not the competence.  :laugh: It’s all html-like goddledegook when I open the layout in the editor. Not touching any of that.
    MAIN FORUM
    The yellow hot-link in the “New Members” section to arrowheads.com/forums/rules no longer works.
    Responses are generally slow when switching screens, hitting the “submit” button for a post… or anything really.
    Sometimes, for no apparent reason, a post just cannot be submitted. Sometimes I can submit, but then can’t edit. Sometimes a picture loads and sometimes not. Sometimes I can add further pictures after the first one and sometimes not. Sometimes repeated submission of the same text or pictures eventually works and sometimes not. Just no way of telling. Sometimes closing what I am trying to edit/submit and re-opening it does the trick but sometimes not. Sometimes navigating away from the site or logging out and then coming back does the trick but sometimes not.
    Generally, I can insert pictures after they have loaded. The issue is getting them to load in the first place.
    CHAT
    Chat often loads extremely slowly or not at all. If I’m on the site for a quick ten minutes or so, chat may not have finished loading before I exit the site. If I’m on the site for an hour or so, chat will usually eventually load sometime during the session.

Leave a comment:

• gregszybala
    replied
    rmartin wrote:

I have no insert tab for pics in the regular forum, or the edit section of the Mod part. Cannot use smiley faces. Really haven't tried to moderate anything so I don't know about all that. I am using Chrome with windows 7, broadband internet, and a newer Dell laptop.
      My issues are essentially the same as Ray's.
    Can't edit or moderate at all. It appears I can post a pic, but I don't know that it happens till after it has been submitted then it magically appears. Insert isn't visible either so pic is small and can't be edited or enlarged.
    Windows 7, Chrome, Satellite.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Hoss wrote:

"Cannot post picture from an iphone 5 here. both Safari ans Chrome do not work. I can post text but not pictures. screen shot s from my Iphone 5 with my camera".
    Same here and what's missing for iPhone and iPad is the little box appearing with two choices: take photo or add existing photo. There's just no tab to perform the function of adding a photo.

Leave a comment:

• tomclark
    replied
    I have no laundry list.  Everything works.  Using FireFox, WinXP,, old dinosaur computer.  I do not access the forum from my phone so I don't know about that

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    I can use Safari and chrome on the iPad. Have only used Chrome on the PC, and can load photos using chrome on PC.
    My laundry list is small:
    1. Can't load photos with iPad; same results as Matt's screen shot.
    2. Chat never loads.
    That seems to be it. It looks like I can moderate. I can edit posts and insert photos if they are there as thumbnails. Looks like my moderator abilities are not affected.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    I tried to include a picture on one of my posts and it would not upload. I tried twice and got the same error messages. Then I changed the name of the jpeg from "Pestle 1 TN" to "Pestle" and then it uploaded just fine.
    Here is the thread I am talking about:

Leave a comment:

• rmartin
    replied
    I have no insert tab for pics in the regular forum, or the edit section of the Mod part. Cannot use smiley faces. Really haven't tried to moderate anything so I don't know about all that. I am using Chrome with windows 7, broadband internet, and a newer Dell laptop.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Cannot post picture from an iphone 5 here. both Safari ans Chrome do not work. I can post text but not pictures. screen shot s from my Iphone 5 with my camera

This is as far as I can get with my iphone it will not let me add pictures. This window pops up when I click on add file! I notice this same window pops up when I mouse over the button in chrome on my PC but I have to click it in Iphone and then the text box shows up but it will not allow me further so I can choose from my file folder.

It just keeps on saying Chat Loading it just says cht loading and it never loads!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X