Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10052.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	338884 Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10054.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	338885 I found both of these on the same gravel bar in 2015 the same day they were only feet apart, N GA
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are nice. What's the type of first one?

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Top ones a beauty

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably a Cotaco Creek but could be a Morrow Mountain to they look alike. Black one is a knife of some kind.

Name:	IMG_20181221_112538.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	339248 Found this one Jan 2003. ..shore at the river was frozen....stuck my stick in ground and this pops out ..on my Bday....I'm telling ya I'm gonna figure out a way to backlight these types of points with LED lights in frames somehow. ...it'd the electrician in me Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181221_095431.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	339246 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181220_183342.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	339249
    Attached Files
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty looks like blue? Still pouring here guess I have to stay home this week.

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Got flash flood warnings and full moon I think. Tide on my river is out of control. Sucks...I took a ride down there.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything here is flooded no creek jumping for me at least for a week without any rain if thats possible. At least all the leaves will be gone. How high was the water above normal in your spot? Its a good 5 feet deeper than normal here, plenty to find for me it will be a whole new place when I finally get my feet wet.

This Martis Cluster point 1000 BC to 650 AD was found on our trail across family property . Blue green chert or Chrysoprase there's a large outcrop nearby.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like what I call Flint ridge. Comes in all colors. Its a pretty one.

Hey Red you can always use the sun as its setting like this pic of one I found think its a scraper cant remember. Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12986.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	339295
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Man that's cool... rutilated quartz...they make jewelry out if it

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks now that I look at it I think its a knife.

Here's one I found last year.
    Central TX

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful edge work on that one

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Omgoshhhh

Wow man talk about blue? Sweet
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are very nice finds

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I almost missed that crystal point in your hand Sam its see through. Looks like you are still killing the fields

• sarahsue
        sarahsue commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are some really nice artifact saves, I bet you were excited to find them....

I found my first points Late Summer, 1989 When I went to visit J. He was my first dog. Buried him in the middle of 3 big Oak Trees where the creek snakes around. Another big Oak lays across the creek. We crossed on that tree countless times. The area the creek snakes back around is what I now call The Mound. 5 or 6 points laying right there. Half of my collection is from this spot. Been keeping an eye on the ground since then.
      Last edited by Warren Matthew; 12-22-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I like those Triangles I always enjoy finding them when I do which isnt often. Looks like you are in a good spot

I have a video somewhere zooming in on this one. And picking it off the wall.

Comment

• tomclark
        tomclark commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, Warren. Looks like it was a great hunting area for a loooong time.... nice whole points. Was there not much debitage there???

• Warren Matthew
        Warren Matthew commented
        Editing a comment
        This area was coastal plains like for a long time. Most of the points from this spot have been 80-90% nice little bird points and arrowheads of all kinds. There's some burnt rock and stone but not much flint chip at all. I have never dug into the mound, no telling what could be there. I wish I could get a big group together and dig it all up.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	339714 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	339715 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	339716 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	339717 Here's something I "found". We used to go to a lot of garage sales...At one place in town here, probably 30 years ago, there was this item on the table. How much? 3 bucks. I have had it hanging on my wall ever since. A little research: It's a Penobscot/Wabanaki Root Ball Club. Not one of the highly decorated ones and also is a tourist item. I sent pics to an expert up in Maine and he wan't too impressed other than it's pretty old. There are really artistic ones and cheesy ones. 1920's maybe earlier due to paint colors late 1800's.
      Last edited by tomclark; 12-23-2018, 12:01 PM.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats something you dont see everyday nice purchase. Thanks for sharing Tom

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Tom if you ever want to let that go . Please contact me. I have three and a carved walking stick from 20th century carvers. Russell Joes and A guy name Leo Francis both were carving clubs for Tourists Joes was from the 30's to the 60's francis from 60s and 70's maybe 80's I dont know much about either of these guys. .

Well while the Christmas turkey is cooking I decided to go through some of my flint. I keep these in a old Mc Coy bowl I found in a more modern trash pit. They are pieces of worked flint, flake knifes, scrapers, tools and some crude points also a couple of end scrapers. I cant leave these types behind I always bring them home to look on days like this. Hope everyone is enjoying the day. All N GA surface finds. Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13517.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	340114 Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13521.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	340115 Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13518.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	340116 Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13523.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	340117 Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC13524.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	340118
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Hey SH. Cool stuff man. I like that little end scraper....goin for a game dinner soon .. enjoy your turkey
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Man I am seeing some really nice stuff here .

Comment

Thanks Red and Tam I just can’t frame all of them. The flake tool was a big part of the tool kit
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Some interesting items here. This piece started my obsession for worked chert on March 2016. We were cleaning up the edge of a hay field of broken limbs and such, sat down to take a break and noticed it by my foot. Picked it up, showed the land owner and he said that stuff"s all over this field when it used to be plowed. I now walk this field with a frog gig and get a lucky "ting" and score a piece every now and then. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0528.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	340319

Comment

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Try to talk him into doing a deep turn for old times sake. Lol

• ILLannoyReb
                ILLannoyReb commented
                Editing a comment
                That would be a dream come true, I've brought it up but didn't fly too well. I'm able to dig the outskirts, which I might try next spring trip.

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I understand that. If he'll let you dig the fringes, then dig baby dig! I don't have permission to dig anywhere but the plows do that work for me.
            Working...
            X