• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• O.C. Hermit
    commented on 's reply
    Like this guy...just watched him cover pink floyd on you tube ...he can pick for sure

• redrocks
    replied
    Van Morrison

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    replied
    Let’s not forget Kurt

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    commented on 's reply
    Yup how can you not relax to a good country western song .

• Tam
    replied
    To put a little cap on this and touch point with Ethan I asked some younger people about their music . I said you guys really don’t have any like we did . They all agree that the older music weather in a remake was the way to go . I am not talking hard rock Metallica stuff although I do love Zeplin .
    But the 60’s through the 70’d stuff where people used real instruments and sang .

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    replied
    I can’t find it but Fleetwood Mac did something with some Irish violinist dancing away .
    Man his drums and that song and dance .. I was just awestruck .

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    commented on 's reply
    Me to the oldies station is my first . Also I love the Beatles .

• CMD
    replied
    lHump day continues, thank you, Don....

The Partisan, concerning the French Resistance in WWII. Vive la resistance!

Featured here is Javier Mas, playing the archilaud, an instrument invented around 1600, here played by a master....

In this piece about Joan of Arc, the female vocalist represents Joan, and Cohen represents the fire that consumed here at the stake. So the poem/tune is a dialogue between Joan of Arc and the fire that took her life. Cohen is the groom, Joan is the bride. As spoken in one line "she clearly understood, if he were fire, she must be wood". Again, few of Cohen's songs did not include female vocalists, and he sure knew how to pick 'em....

Same tune, with Jennifer Warnes:

Hypnotic and beautiful, IMHO. And so many references to Babylon in Cohen's music....

Last edited by CMD; 02-27-2019, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Saw them live in Providence in the 60's. Might have been 67. Unknown to me, my future bride was in the same crowd of about 50 people, including me, who suddenly crashed the gate. Meehan Auditorium, Brown University. They played "Light my Fire" for a good 20 minutes, if not longer. Memorable to say the least.

• Olden
    replied

Wednesday has arrived: tunes for the 'hump'

No More You and Me

someone told my story

And Your Bird Can Sing

You're Cheatin' Heart

Heartaches by the Number

Nothing was delivered.

Last edited by Olden; 02-27-2019, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky point
    commented on 's reply
    I love listening to Burl.

• Sugaree
    commented on 's reply
    One of my favorite moments was getting backstage to the 1993 Lolapoloza show and meeting some of the artists of Tool and others.

• Dave NWOH
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, I appreciate that.

• Glacial Pebble
    replied
    Here you go Dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X