• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Kelley
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Tam, Are you sure I can't add some snake to the recipe? LOL

• Tam
    replied
    Ron we use to cut out the center , cut into small cubes .
    Save your whole shell zuc
    then sauté cubes with what ever you like . Hamburger , onions just your own recipe .
    Mix with some cooked rice .
    fill up shell of zuc with ingredients .
    cover with foil and cook at 350 1/2 hr till outside is tender.
    Remove foil and put your choice of cheese on top and brown No snake !!!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Kelley
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Matt, I'll try that.

• Hoss
    commented on 's reply
    pick them small I just cut into medalions and sautee in butter with some garlic. Sometimes I just add some Mrs Dash Garlic and Herb season wash leave skin right on the young ones if they get too gig the skin gets tough. Better for making some Zucchini bread.\

• Hoss
    commented on 's reply
    I will add it in later on

• BabaORiley
    replied
    Cajun tomato gravy with eggs. This is a delicious dish. Its especially good at the height of summer when some of the vegetables needed are locally/homegrown. If you can get farm fresh eggs it really makes it.

4 tbsps. butter
    1/4 cup all purpose flour
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1 rib celery diced
    1/2 large onion diced
    1/2 bell pepper diced
    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
    One 14.5 oz can whole tomatoes crushed by hand...I use garden tomatoes and crush em myself.
    1/4 cup fresh parsley
    2 tsps. Louisiana style hot sauce
    4 green onions sliced saving the green ends for garnish
    8 large eggs...any size will do
    9. Hot rice for serving.
    1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet, stir in flour and cook until golden brown about 5 minutes. Add garlic, celery, onion, bell peppers, tsp salt, tsp black pepper. Cook until veg's are soft and flour coating clings to veg's. About 10 minutes.
    2. Add tomatoes, 1/2 cup water until slightly thickened about 3 minutes. Stir in half the parsley, hot sauce and green onion whites.
    3. Make a small indentation in the gravy and carefully break an egg into it. Repeat with the remaining eggs making indentations for each egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper cover and cook until eggs are soft set about 5-6 minutes.
    4. Place 2 eggs over rice and sprinkle with parsley and onion greens.

If you want firmer eggs just let em cook a bit longer. I also add some Creole/Cajun seasonings while its cooking. You can also adjust the veg's amount. I use a little more than called for. This dish is even better the next day after it sits overnight. Profiter de mes amis !!!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    This is today's basket of a dozen summer squash.
    I found some recipes on the internet but do you have a favorite?
    The Kelley Boys need help in the kitchen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	379297

Leave a comment:

• BabaORiley
    replied
    Jalapenos are probably going to be ready in a few days. Its time for jalapeno beer bread. Heres the recipe. Its excellent.
    3 cups all purpose flour
    1 tbsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    3 tbsp. sugar
    1 tsp cayenne (optional)
    1 cup shredder cheddar divided
    1 12 oz. bottle of good quality beer or ale
    1 cup melted butter
    1 large jalapeno thinly sliced

1. Preheat oven to 350
    2. Grease 9x5 loaf pan
    3. Add 3/4 cup cheese and beer until just incorporated.
    4. Pour half of the butter into the pan, pour in batter, pour remaining butter on top.
    5. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and scatter jalapeno slices on top of cheese.
    6. Bake 50-60 minutes until golden brown on top.
    7. Cool for a bit serve warm.

You can use any beer you like other than fruity but I never tried that so it may blend in well. I use the NA beer that is leftover from gatherings. You can also use more peppers for your taste and seed them according to tour taste. I also add a little more cheese. This is an easy one to do and really tastes good. Enjoy !!!

Leave a comment:

• beatup1354
    commented on 's reply
    Yum

• Jethro355
    commented on 's reply
    One of my favorite meals....❤️

• c_venture
    commented on 's reply
    Good Lord, Everything is better with Bacon!

• Ron Kelley
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Frank, Yoopers call the fox snake a Pine Snake and they do get big. This was a little garter snake.

• BabaORiley
    replied
    Tonight will be BLT with home grown tomatoes and lettuce and some red beans and rice.

Leave a comment:

• BabaORiley
    commented on 's reply
    Had rattlesnake before it was darn good. Now I know it wasn't a rattler but I have seen some big Foxies in my travels up there...

• BabaORiley
    commented on 's reply
    Are those heirloom tomatoes ? Look good...we been getting them also...just need some sweet corn but that's a couple weeks off yet...
Working...
X