No announcement yet.

Corona virus reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went out today with a N- 95 mask on and was way under dressed .
    let me tell you those pictures are real . One lady had on a welding hood and a rain jacket .
    Then I am seeing a lot of those plastic rain jackets . I get it you don’t have to wash your clothes right away like they suggest .

Comment

• I went to Winn Dixie and Lowe's for a few things and wore my mask the whole time when inside. There were about 50% patrons not using masks in both places. I got "looks" from some people. (I'm wrong, silly, ignorant, scared, infected?!:!) I am not being sensitive or paranoid lol, just observant. I had to put my hand out and say, "BUBBLE, Man!" at the checkout line hahahaha. What sources and where are these walkin virus shedders getting their info from? I'm pretty sure I know. Wife had a similar experience a few days ago SMH
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        On one visit to super market, I had a guy lean past me to look at the meat, and he came within inches of brushing his face against my face. I instinctively jumped away. I said nothing, but I am getting so sick and tired of ignoramus after ignoramus.
        Stay safe, Tom.

• south fork
        south fork commented
        Editing a comment
        All you can do is try to protect yourself there's always going to be idiots .

• Our county courts and jail are dumping inmates with out collecting bail or going to court . Some with 400.000 thousand or more nice to know these losers are back on the street . I guess its cheaper to dump rather than treat the infected ?

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        They were talking about that here brakes went on !!!!

• We now have a curfew this weekend . They are worried about weekend get togethers . Let Georgia be the example although a funeral , gatherings are a no go .
      Our Mayor said all people should have masks on while leaving the house .
      TOM ALERT . You will love this ... you are not allowed in a particular market here Foodland without a mask .
      all markets have plastic shields up for cashiers .
      They are only letting 2 people at a time in at Costco . No families ( HELOOO ) why would you bring your kids .
      And to stop those menacing customers that get to close their are big red arrows for one way down the isles not two way anymore . Also every darn store has big red stand here signs on the floor .
      its a new world . We are flattening the curve here in Hawaii slowly . We have a very unique situation if no one comes in .
      Then I fear reopening . Did anyone see the China
      opening of boarders like it was New a years .

Comment

• I was wearing my mask yesterday and a customer said why are you wearing that. She had one on. So I responded I see thousands of people each week so I'm being cautious but no I'm not sick. It would be really stupid for me not to wear one now that Georgia has over 10,000 cases reported. I don't want to be the 10,000 plus one.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Masks in public places is now a common sight...and not a bad idea to protect others....they do not protect you...the thought is it keeps people that are shedding the virus from making it airborne for others.....you can have and shed the virus two days BEFORE you develop any symptoms and know your sick.
          work for me has gotten a weird dynamic...masks/distance/not eating together in a group....all things firemen aren’t used to at the firehouse. Kinda takes away from that family atmosphere we are so used to.
          call volume is down and the ERs are pretty quiet...people are not going to the ER out of fear of getting sick....so they try and hole up at home....it’s not our normal call volume but the ones we get are very sick. We have Covid in our community and see many....I pronounced a 38 year old dead today....that, puts this into sharp focus......stay safe out there and stay home if your fortunate enough to be able!
          Southern Connecticut

Comment

• gregszybala
            gregszybala commented
            Editing a comment
            For us this is kind of surreal, for you and so many like you on the frontlines we can only imagine. What once was normal no longer is and what is now normal who knows how, where and when this will end. Thanks Chris and all of you out there.

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen to what Greg said...stay vigilant Chris.....and you are gonna take me to that beach this summer!!

• SDhunter
            SDhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Stay safe Chris. I agree with the masks. They kind of remind you to not touch your face. I’m sure it’s hard to do though. I should send you some ivermectin. ( Im kind of kidding), but if you knew us vets, we are used to treating all different species. It’s a way of life

• I don't think they actually know if the mask protects you or not. Cant hurt to wear one weather you are sick or not. Some states are requiring you to wear it regardless. If they knew everything about the virus it would be contained by now. I say wear one
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been using a glove when I pump my gas have to remember things like that. You don't know how many people have touched that pump.

• cgode
            cgode commented
            Editing a comment
            The n95 mask is only catching YOUR spit as you talk/cough/sneeze which is laden with the virus if you have it. The virus itself not attached to the spit “particles” are 1 to 2 microns in size.....guess what the N95 filters for size....3 microns and larger.
            I guess it protects the wearer by limiting your touching your face....the number 1 way to contract the disease by far. I’ve witnessed ppl pull the mask down to scratch their nose...duh! The vast majority of ppl don’t wear the mask correctly anyway and don’t know how. We fit test all our guys annually with a computer program that measures a known particle in ambient air and compares to air inside the mask....there are tricks to get a proper seal but without that feedback you won’t know what tricks to use for yourself. First time testing my guys without the tricks identified they have close to a 100% failure rate. It’s not as easy as everyone thinks

• History repeats itself. Came across this poem written in 1869
          This is Timeless....It was written in 1869 by Kathleen O’Mara: From another web site .

And people stayed at home

And read books

And listened

And they rested

And did exercises

And made art and played

And learned new ways of being

And stopped and listened

More deeply

Someone meditated, someone prayed

Someone met their shadow

And people began to think differently

And people healed.

And in the absence of people who

Lived in ignorant ways

Dangerous, meaningless and heartless,

The earth also began to heal

And when the danger ended and

People found themselves

They grieved for the dead

And made new choices

And dreamed of new visions

And created new ways of living

And completely healed the earth

Just as they were healed.

Reprinted during Spanish flu

Pandemic, 1919

Comment

• gregszybala
            gregszybala commented
            Editing a comment
            Lets hope this time humans are actually capable of making it happen

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Golly, Moses! Scary-on-point! Thank you, SF, for perspective.....
        Working...
        X