Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is all messed up now! What a shame! I think the only way to ever fix part of this problem is for each remaining member to fix there picture problems by going through there post one by one and replacing misplaced photos, without making new post to those old threads. Otherwise its been a total loss, these threads will do nothing but confuse new members and we will spend from now on explaining why hardly anything appears the way it should.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• painshill
      painshill commented
      Editing a comment
      I have now corrected all the picture errors in this thread!

• Unfortunately, I think your right
    Thanks Daze, replaced the scraper, which wasn't even one of my finds! Only took twenty minutes.
    Last edited by gregszybala; 08-22-2015, 12:33 PM.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	bigfoot-commercial-concept-art.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	169836
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• OK, well JoshinMO's photo is alright. Anybody else check their photo?
        Rhode Island

Comment

• Originally posted by CMD View Post
          OK, well JoshinMO's photo is alright. Anybody else check their photo?
          Checked mine at the beginning of this thread and it was ok.
          Southern Connecticut

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyflintguy View Post
            This thread is all messed up now! What a shame! I think the only way to ever fix part of this problem is for each remaining member to fix there picture problems by going through there post one by one and replacing misplaced photos, without making new post to those old threads. Otherwise its been a total loss, these threads will do nothing but confuse new members and we will spend from now on explaining why hardly anything appears the way it should.
            I would caution against making these corrections until and unless there is a clear message from Shane that it will not interfere with attempts to do a global replacement automatically via the IT route... or he comes back and says that it can't be done and the manual route is the only possibility.
            I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• Absolutely right Roger, I should never have taken matters into my own hands on this site. We all shall wait patiently for some idea of what we may or may not due or if or when Shane or somebody will clue us in on what is happening.
              Please, no reflection on you.

Comment

• painshill
                painshill commented
                Editing a comment
                The Developers seem to have ultimately failed to correct the remaining migration errors. I have used the backup copy of the old forum to manually correct all of the picture errors (there were 26).

• We are all painfully aware you don't approve of the changes with the new platform Josh and I'm pretty sure the latest discussion here doesn't belong in this thread. Kind of kills it if you ask me. This is "faces to names" and it seems to have taken an unfortunate side track. Someone make a new thread for the current complaints in an appropriate area. Thank you.
              Last edited by cgode; 08-22-2015, 08:22 PM.
              Southern Connecticut

Comment

• Originally posted by cgode View Post
                We are all painfully aware you don't approve of the changes with the new platform Josh and I'm pretty sure the latest discussion here doesn't belong in this thread. Kind of kills it if you ask me. This is "faces to names" and it seems to have taken an unfortunate side track. Someone make a new thread for the current complaints in an appropriate area. Thank you.
                Quite right Chris... and also what made it so painfully difficult to help everyone get the best out of the things that are working and resolve those things which are not. I keep seeing questions that are either answered in places such as the welcome note that I took the trouble to prepare and point you towards (92 people have viewed it since we went live) or the photo tutorial (67 people have read that) or answered in the "I Need Help with the Forum" section and wherever else people chose to scatter their problems.

Josh: the reason you can't edit your posts in the typology section is answered elsewhere (in at least two places). It's because I set the entire Information Center (apart from the sections for reporting broken links and, I think, the video section) to "read only" for everyone apart from for Admins & Mods as a protective measure until the issues with the permissions structure could be resolved. The individual and specific permissions all needed to be manually re-created in that area. It could only be reliably done after we went live but still hasn't happened... for two reasons. One: I no longer have the Admin rights to try and resolve it. Two: even if I had, the permissions structure stopped working properly after we went live.
                I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• Well Charlie I am up and running for the most part (a couple of things still need to be addressed)
                  So here I am in all of my digging glory. Click image for larger version

Name:	BeaconHillPark4.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	171887
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Good shot Bruce. That photo just screams "Digger Bruce"
                    Michigan Yooper
                    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Is a great pic Bruce!

Comment

• I sure enjoyed going back through all the photos and get reminded of those still here, new people, and those we haven't seen in awhile. I sure miss some of them.
                        South Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by 2ndoldman View Post
                        Well Charlie I am up and running for the most part (a couple of things still need to be addressed)
                        So here I am in all of my digging glory. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n171887[/ATTACH]
                        Gawd looks like me
                        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Looking good to go, Bruce!
                          Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                          X