No announcement yet.

a trusty walking stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Jay we now have 2 proper walking sticks. Hoping to rustle up some OnewiththewiLD luck with these A horseshoe crab for Helen, an owl for myself. May I be wise once in a while :laugh: Also a bow and arrow, not seen, on mine. Thanks, Jay, great work!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-07-09 [replaced].jpg
Views:	148
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	221927

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-07-09-2 [replaced].jpg
Views:	156
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	221928
    Rhode Island

Comment

im very glad yous like em' . happy to do it.
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

just finished a smaller walking stick that"ll be a little easier to use on the beaches.made of sasaffras with inlayed wampum on the top ( my best attempt at it yet )woodburned symbols and a small deer antler piece to move brush aside.

Comment

Comment

Nice stick Jay. I like the eye guard: or maybe we should call it an ankle guard.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

heres the new walking stick i just finished for fellow new englyndah cgode.more incentive to take the trip over to R.I.! 55 in. overall length , made of black ash with quahog inlay on the top,deer antler tine fingergrip off a shed i found, grooved handgrip, and some woodburning. it was alot of fun to make. the bottom has a nice gentle curve that i tapered down with a rasp and sandpaper. i also wood burned 1,2,and 3 ft. marks up the side.

Comment

Comment

im getting better at doin the inlayed quahog.i carve the top of the stick out first, then trace a piece of paper over the hole ,cut it out, then then i use that as a stencil on the shell.i finished the stick with a quick rub down coat of colonial maple stain, then i wipe off most of it. just enough to bring out the grain.then i seal it all up with linseed oil.

Comment

That is a nice stick Jay thanks for showing us your creations.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Wow! I don't really know what to say Jay, that is gorgeous! Your quite the artist man, it is much appreciated!! I can't wait to motor my butt to the east now! I'll have to check my work/training schedule and squeeze in a trip soon! Thanks again Jay, we'll be talking face to face soon!
                      Southern Connecticut

Comment

right on! glad ya like it. its my pleasure to make stuff for people who enjoy my work. B)

Comment

fellow forum member dirtkicker was kind enough to send me some differant kinds of cherts,so i made him a walking stick too.hope you like it jason!(he's into point and mushroom huntin so thats what i put on it)

Comment

this ones made of american beech,48 in. tall with all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Dude your killin it.

Comment

We don't have fields to walk, generally. I find a new walking stick when I hit the woods.  I'll use even a whimpy palm frond center to help lean over a bit.  I mostly use a stick to help the back and that's about the length of my arm..  I lean on a stick like in the center of my chest, LOL.
                                I've brought home a LOAD of walking sticks and they are piled in one spot in the garage.  Never put any work into them but maybe machete a point on the end and smoothing off the top.  I bring home vine-curled limbs and straight or odd shaped limbs.  Heck, I bring home all kinds of weird stuff, like coccoons, poke salet, driftwood, effigies.
                                Professor Shellman
                                Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
                                X