Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    I haven't a clue, by the way keep your eyes open around those quartz deposits for that "Yaller Metal" there were hundreds of gold mines in that part of Carolina. So many that the US Government established a mint in the largest town in the area, Charlotte.

Leave a comment:

• shartis
    replied
    Butch here is another piece, half quartz half something, that my friend found on the same camp site.It was brought in for some reason becouse this site doesn't have raw quartz laying around like most of mine. Don't know what they were going in to use it for.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Shartis,I don't think that happens often. I guess the conditions were just right at this outcroping.

Leave a comment:

• shartis
    replied
    Those are nice. I have only picked up a couple like that but not nearly as nice. I know were some out croppings of quartz are and have looked around them but not found any crystals like that. There are big quartz boulders with quartz everywhere but I could not find a crystal. Do most outcroppings have crystals around Them?

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Shartis, there is a well known Quartz deposit in Lancaster county. The matrix around the huge oucropping contains Smoky quartz crystals, some double terminated. Could be where your crystal traveled from.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Wow, I can't imagine picking up that many Morrow Mountains and Guilfords. Thats a lot of Quartz points.

Leave a comment:

• shartis
    replied
    Nice points Butch and Cliffj. Here is one that looks like the smokey crystal you first posted. It was found on a camp site by a friend of mine. I am sure they were going to make something out of it. The other is some I found over the years. Lots of quartz Guilfords and Morrow Mountains. Lots and lots of quartz around here.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Very Nice Cliff, Thanks for posting. Do you have a example of that very common Field Quartz ?

Leave a comment:

• CliffJ
    replied
    The Clovis, found in 1998. It was a lot longer at one time, with that width.

Leave a comment:

• CliffJ
    replied
    All quartz artifacts are not fat and ugly- Here's a few killers-
    The large 5 1/2" blade is citrine quartz (yellow quartz) and the Clovis is rose quartz. Both are from Eastern NC.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    I changed the Smoky Quartz pix, I don't know how I forgot about this one it's my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Tom, Wow! A wife that comes with her own axe! Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    shartis, thanks for posting the pix. Those are some great quartz points.

Leave a comment:

• turkeytail
    replied
    Those all are nice! Ive never found any but seen some other people have found and the quality of material and workmanship up here is not even close to those.

Leave a comment:

• tomclark
    replied
    Real nice Quartz, there, fellows!!!  Hard to work on for sure.  Anything like those are exceptional.  A lot of hunting time to get fine ones.  I hunted in SC/Piedmont just a few times along the Pacolet?, Enoree, Saluda......Jeez, can't remember was over 35 years ago..!!  Had shale material, too. 
    Man, that's tough for material, but they made the best of it.  Also had soapstone up 'ere!
    Niiiiice Quartz!
    My best find in SC was my wife! Found her in Spartanburg   And an axe...... :lol:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X