No announcement yet.

I love tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dylan (OBION) gave me this hammerstone and it has it all: pecked thumb hold, percussion use wear, and abrading use ware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hammer Stone a.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	467432

Name:	Hammer Stone c.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	467431

Name:	Hammer Stone b.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	467433
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Good on you posting it now I don't have to go dig mine out.

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      I only have a coupla arrowheads that I found (WillJo sent me some of his, tho, so I have met several in real life and not just in books and museums!). But I do have have hammerstones, and I’m gonna post them and some other tools soon, upon my first AH birthday. None of my hammerstones are as pretty(?) as this one, tho. When grow up, wanna be like you, SH, WillJo, Realistone, OldRocks, TomClark, Hal, Tam, Josie, LinnyMan, and all others who’ve gone outta their way to help me!
      Last edited by Cecilia; 07-05-2020, 10:03 PM.

• Seeing this post on tools I tried to get a picture of a display case of just tools. It's hard to get any detail and get all of them in the picture frame. Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	467491
    Wyoming

Comment

• This shows the one in the middle a little better. It is a little different normal. It is worked on both ends and the side showing Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	467493
      Wyoming

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice most collectors don't even see the tools cause they are so focused on the points.

• Here is photo of a pretty neat Metate found in Arizona. We were prospecting at the time seeing if there was much gold in this area. It is in a wilderness area so I imagine its's still there. It would take a tractor to get it probably. Looks like it is just as it was left by the original users. It was pretty neat seeing it like that Click image for larger version

Name:	azxmas3 118.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	468016 Click image for larger version

Name:	azxmas3 119.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	468017 Click image for larger version

Name:	azxmas3 131.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	468018
      Wyoming

Comment

• Was the grinder sitting in the mortar when you saw it? I bet there is a campsite really close to it
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• realistone
          realistone commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes just like the picture shows. It was almost eerie feeling at first. There was pottery shards all over but also trash from somebody that camped there years ago. Probably could have been prospecting also but a long time ago.

• Here's a unique tool, a double hump double bit uniface scraper/gouger...from the Canadian River TX, Blue Ck area...could be a product of the Antelope culture 1500ybp...and it's
        Tecovas!

Name:	DSC07646.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	468078 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07648.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	468079 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07651.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	468080
        San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          That's different

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Rio, gonna pm you a pic of something (I think) is similar, and you tell me what you think. I am just a “toddler” hunter (<1yr); I’m afraid my degree of credibility is directly effected by my lack of experience, and I don’t want this guy to be labeled JAR due to his finder‘s ignorance.

• Ok. I’m going to mention a certain type of tool that was first typed on the Brazos River in Texas....Ther’e called Clear Fork Gouges, they come in small 1”top row, medium, pic.bott, 4 th from left, and about 2-1/2”for the larger ones....These are from Southwest Florida.....

Name:	0DDE93CB-30C8-4F8A-B320-9B27A42CA37A.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	468143

Floridaboy.

Comment

• Ron Kelley
          Ron Kelley commented
          Editing a comment
          The look like wood working tools.

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Yupp, Ron got it, I think that’s exactly right, like a spokshave.

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          I read about these in my first artifact book, a museum publication from University of Oklahoma.
      Working...
      X